Hello All-

Question for you. I can set up my blackberry two ways with my work e-mail.

Either through the OWA settings, or POP settings.

What are the difference between each other?

I am currently running OWA with exchange 2007. We just moved to 2007 and I notice when I delete emails from my server they delete on my berry, never happened before. I think unticking the sync deleted items in the BIS set up prevented this.

Basically my question is what are the pros/cons of each way??
    01-10-10 03:04 PM
    Use OWA. With POP, it won't drop a copy of sent messages into your Sent Items on the Exchange Mailbox so you can see it in Outlook. Overall, the delay is the same with either setup in mail delivery to the phone, so that's not something to be concerned with.
    01-10-10 08:22 PM
    I'm also interesting in the difference between each other. My company have both access and I have done few test :
    1. When using POP, the unread emails on client Outlook will turn to read as soon as the email reach the BlackBerry. But not happening when you use OWA.
    2. If your username is different from your email address (ex. username John and email address John.Smith@ mydomain.com), you cannot setup OWA for BlackBerry even you set it up manually (cannot validate email account error), but not when you use POP.

Did anyone had the same problem and experience?

Thanks.
    04-22-10 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD