I have had a problem syncing my BB to my school's OWA. I am new to the whole blackberry thing, so to give some background information, I am able to sync it on my windows mobile device just fine. But with BIS, when i enter the information, it authenticates me, but does not send or receive email, and after a few hours, it tells me my account is invalid, after which I have to type in my details again, and it says its valid again (but emails dont come in/go out)

So i emailed the computer people at my school and got the following reply:

In order to synchronize your BlackBerry device with your -- College email, you will need to purchase the enterprise license below. You will also need to make sure you have signed up for the enterprise data plan with your service provider. The license key will be sent to you electronically. Kindly let us know when you receive it as we will then need to add your license key to our server.

Thank you,

David
    CTS Helpdesk

CDW Product Overview : BlackBerry Enterprise CAL - license
    From my understanding, OWA can sync email (not calendar and contacts) without problems. It appears as though the problem with my blackberry not being allowed on the server is whats keeping it from syncing properly. So is this guy right in telling me I need the business license as well as business plan? Once again, all i want to sync is email.
    08-03-09 05:46 PM
    Email doesn't 'sync' on a BIS.

Email can be PUSHED to the device using the OWA information, however, if the owner of the data (ie the employer or the institution) allows it.
    08-03-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD