Hopefully I am just missing something.

With the advent of BIS 2.3 you can accept a Calendar Meeting Request via OWA wirelessly on your BlackBerry. It works great. You get a calendar request via OWA on your BlackBerry.

Now this is where things go wrong.

Say I accept the Calendar request on my BlackBerry (again via OWA with BIS 2.3)... Then use Desktop Manager and Sync with my Calendar?

What happens?

Duplicates!!!

Is there a way to fix that? One thought I had was if it I could accept the meeting but not have it create the meeting on my Calendar on my BlackBerry? Any settings I can tweak on the BlackBerry?

Any thoughts?
    12-07-08 02:59 PM
    bump! Anyone have an idea?
    12-10-08 09:20 PM
    Here's the post here from several months ago where I asked essentially the same question I think you are asking:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/meet...alendar-27222/

I never got an answer, but did manage to finally stumble onto the solution shown below. Warning: I'm really hazy about what a "service book" is, so what I'm about to say is likely partly nonsense, but it did work for me.

Go to Options / Advanced Options / Service Books, and then delete the entry that reads something like

[email protected] [CICAL]

Deleting that CICAL service book seemed to stop the email-generated meeting notices from showing on the BB, and the only ones that remain are the "Desktop" meeting notices. I no longer have the duplicate meeting notices showing on my BB.
    Last edited by ewjax; 12-15-08 at 09:21 AM.
    12-12-08 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD