I am heading to Asia for 3 months and would like to have my CDMA world phone forwarding to an Asian SIM card.

Currently with Telus and not sure how to do this. Would it be possible to forward my Telus # to Skype and have skype forward to Asia?

Any other ideas??
    11-21-08 11:25 AM
    I'd call Telus and ask them to change your "unanswered calls" forwarding number to your new Asian number. Basically if you don't pick up your Telus number it'll forward to your Asian number instead of going to voicemail.

The other option if you're willing to pay is tollfreeforwarding.com...I use this so that my family overseas don't have to call long distance to call me, and I have a My10 plan so I have the number they gave me as one of my 10. Depending on where you are it's as low as 9.99$ a month for the number and then 25$ whenever you run out of minutes. Cheaper than a long distance bill!
    11-21-08 12:28 PM
    Unfortunately, Telus charges $2.29/minute for international calls to most of Asia....any other suggestions?
    11-21-08 02:56 PM
    See, I know most places in Asia offer free incoming calls if you get your SIM card to a local number. So, if I could find a way to forward my Canadian number to Skype or another service and have that service forwarded to my free incoming asian number
    11-21-08 02:57 PM
    any ideas?
    11-24-08 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD