I have been using my BlackBerry q5 for 2 months now and comparing it to my previous android Sony tipo I can't help but feel battery life is a bit inferior in BlackBerry. My Sony tipo had 1700 ma q5 has around 2200 so I should be expecting more. But it doesn't work like that, in android battery drains when there are rouge apps which are easy to catch from the battery monitor, in BlackBerry I see that system and Pim services are the biggest battery hogging apps which I can't remove.

2-3 hours of continuous whats app usage hoggs more than 60% of the battery on blackberry. I think this is a problem. Google have done a lot of internal improvements in the os to help with these things especially in 4.4 and I think BlackBerry lags behind in this regard.

I would like to know what you guys think about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 12:12 AM
    If you're using Gmail, switch push on and have sync on manual. Whatsapp is a notorious battery hog.
    12-06-14 01:11 AM
    Whatsapp is not a notorious battery hog. Dunno where the dude above gets his misleading information from.

BTW I use a passport and the battery is phenomenal. My z10 was rubbish a lot of times tho and good on others.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 01:19 AM
    Whatsapp is not a notorious battery hog. Dunno where the dude above gets his misleading information from.

BTW I use a passport and the battery is phenomenal. My z10 was rubbish a lot of times tho and good on others.

Posted via CB10
    The dude just makes this stuff up.

https://www.google.com/search?q=what...crackberry.com
    12-06-14 01:24 AM
    Some people have reported heavy PIM usage and thus related drains of their batteries. This is not normal, but afaik there is no generic fix to the problem available. Usually there is some wild syncing in any of your accounts going on, which leads to high CPU use.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 02:16 AM