When transferring MS Outlook Contact information to the BB Pearl, does the complete address data (street address, city, etc.) transfer or only brief contact info?
    11-11-07 05:55 PM
    For the most part, whatever you have in Outlook will sync over to the BB. Name, address, email(s), phone number(s), and any notes you have about the contact.

There may be a field that doesn't come over, but I haven't used ALL of them...but I've also never missed anything that might not have synced over.
    11-11-07 06:14 PM
    Thanks. Have you ever transferred street and city info?
    11-11-07 06:53 PM
    Yes, all of the address fields have come over for me.
    11-11-07 06:56 PM
    I believe the only information transferred both ways are fields that are common in both places. For example outlook does not have a field for PIN numbers so that will not transfer to outlook from you BB if you have other BB pin numbers.
    11-11-07 07:35 PM
    Try the following if it helps:

On your BlackBerry desktop Manager, after connecting your device to your computer, go to Syncronize -> Click on the Configuration Tab -> Select configure Sync -> Select address book -> Outlook -> press ok -> now at the bottom your will see Configure, click on it and your will have the option Advanced Settings -> when you select Advanced Settings, the window that pops up, you will find "Field Mapping" on the bottom right -> Edit this so you can manually match the right fields on your outlook to your device

hope this was what you are looking for...
    11-11-07 07:38 PM
    EYEMABUG, thanks, your post is very helpful.
    Everett
    11-13-07 11:15 PM
    M glad was of some help
    11-14-07 01:49 AM
    Hi! Newbie here - I've had a 7130g for about a year but decided to get a Curve just recently.

For the longest time, I'd been pretty content with my field mapping to Outlook. However, I have since had more and more acquaintances, colleagues and friends who've picked up blackberries of their own.

The problem I have now is that of the PIN field. I owned a Treo 650 prior to my 7130g, and moving the databases from Outlook (where I also synced my Treo) to the handheld resulted in birthdays being mapped to the PIN field. The reason this happened is that Birthdays used to be a User Defined field on my older Palms. When I moved to the Treo, I suddenly had a birthday field, but I kept the old user-defined field just to be safe. Sure enough, the Palm's birthday "field" didn't synchronize with Outlook's birthday field. So I kept the duplicate data as a reference.

Now that I have more and more PINs being filled out, though, I need to find a way to permanently migrate the birthdays occupying the field to a user-defined string in the Blackberry. Hopefully, I can also sync this with another User-Defined Field in Outlook 2007, if not the actual Birthday Field itself.

I tried to map the birthday in Outlook to an unused User-Defined field in the Handheld. That worked, but now I have birthdays in both the PIN and User-1 fields. Moreover, I'm not seeing the PINs in the newly-assigned User-Defined field in Outlook (under the Show All Fields option of a Contact Card).

Is there a list or a How-To out there for specific Field-Mapping for Outlook?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    06-04-08 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD