Since you don't get ActiveSync on a 9900, the sync experience has some holes...but BB10 and Outlook.com are a match made in heaven. Sync (including Calendar) is instantaneous; even if you start a draft of an email on the desktop or in the web browser client, that draft appears on your Z10 in draft form...
    03-04-13 06:27 PM
    I know typically GMail and its ecosystem is now virtually the norm for email users.
    Actually, it isn't. Microsoft's Outlook.com/Hotmail service has more users than Gmail.
    03-04-13 06:37 PM
    Seriously, due to the 'age' of Hotmail? Not that this really has a bearing on my topic. But, I do wonder if Hotmail, or Outlook.com as it is now called, has so many 'users', how many are actually active, versus Gmail users? Merely curious...

Actually, it isn't. Microsoft's Outlook.com/Hotmail service has more users than Gmail.
    03-04-13 08:07 PM
    Seriously, due to the 'age' of Hotmail? Not that this really has a bearing on my topic. But, I do wonder if Hotmail, or Outlook.com as it is now called, has so many 'users', how many are actually active, versus Gmail users? Merely curious...
    Last time I read, last year, they were considerably larger -- and much more popular than Gmail outside the USA. Just an interesting factoid.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    03-04-13 08:09 PM
    Hmm, well, at this rate, it looks like I'm going to have to stay with GMail a bit longer. It seems the syncing of Calendars from Outlook.com to a BlackBerry BOLD 9900 is rather cumbersome. A shame really.

I use my Calendar constantly, a temporary solution is not really a viable option. Why do the 'providers' of email make things so difficult? Seriously, who with ANY smartphone these days doesn't use Calendar, Contact & Email?

Honestly *drops the mic and walks away*
    03-04-13 08:19 PM
    I'm using both right now in the hopes that the calendar issue gets fixed or the new Blackberry phones work with outlook.com.
    03-04-13 08:22 PM
    Ivan, you being an iPhone/ iPad user, I've noticed in the forums that people have successfully synced iCloud.com email, iCal and contacts with their BB10 devices, another option when you go BB10. I have a Hotmail account for my business, and will likely do the email, calendar and contacts sync when I get my BB10.
    03-04-13 10:55 PM
    Outlook.com doesn't work well with BB7, BB6 and BB5 devices. On the BB10 platform, though, it's perfect, since Outlook.com is essentially free Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync -- the same standard that BB has embraced for BB10.
    03-04-13 11:27 PM
    Outlook.com doesn't work well with BB7, BB6 and BB5 devices.
    Thank you. I have noticed that. I can never be sure I'm getting all of my outlook.com mail on my 9810. The only way is to check outlook.com itself.
    03-05-13 06:59 AM
    How dare you! I've only ever used a BlackBerry. I'm not a gadget person with loads of devices

Ivan, you being an iPhone/ iPad user, I've noticed in the forums that people have successfully synced iCloud.com email, iCal and contacts with their BB10 devices, another option when you go BB10. I have a Hotmail account for my business, and will likely do the email, calendar and contacts sync when I get my BB10.

That is still rather concerning that you'd 'feel' the need to check Outlook.com directly for 'missing' emails. I'd hate to even think I'd need to do that...

Thank you. I have noticed that. I can never be sure I'm getting all of my outlook.com mail on my 9810. The only way is to check outlook.com itself.
    03-05-13 07:40 AM
    How dare you! I've only ever used a BlackBerry. I'm not a gadget person with loads of devices
    Right, me neither
    anon(153966) likes this.
    03-05-13 08:31 AM
    That is still rather concerning that you'd 'feel' the need to check Outlook.com directly for 'missing' emails. I'd hate to even think I'd need to do that...
    My wife has a 9810, too, and she has the same problem. I've sent her mail from my BB to her outlook.com account and it never makes it to her phone -- but it's in outlook.com (webmail).
    03-05-13 08:37 AM
    I had it setup without any issues on my 9900... configured it to use my own dns, so I have personalizee domain emails managed by outlook.com.

here is the reference article if anyone is interested...
    http://lifehacker.com/5967097/use-ou...ersonal-domain
    03-05-13 08:41 AM
    Last time I read, last year, they were considerably larger -- and much more popular than Gmail outside the USA. Just an interesting factoid.
    Do you have a link for that? I found this: Gmail vs Hotmail vs Yahoo Mail: Who's on first? - Neowin
    03-05-13 10:34 AM
    I have to say, on my 9900, integration with Gmail is better than with Outlook. On the Playbook, it's close. If you forced me to pick one, I think Gmail might still be the better performer. Somehow, Gmail messages arrive almost instantaneously; there's always a slight delay with Outlook.
    03-05-13 12:08 PM
    I have to say, on my 9900, integration with Gmail is better than with Outlook. On the Playbook, it's close. If you forced me to pick one, I think Gmail might still be the better performer. Somehow, Gmail messages arrive almost instantaneously; there's always a slight delay with Outlook.
    From what I read, it's the opposite for BB10.

Because of that, I've switched my "important" email to outlook.com and just use my gmail for spam...
    robkd likes this.
    03-05-13 02:02 PM
    From what I read, it's the opposite for BB10.

Because of that, I've switched my "important" email to outlook.com and just use my gmail for spam...
    I've certainly noticed a great improvement on the PlayBook. For example, the 9900 syncs only the inbox whereas the PlayBook syncs sent items too. As far as email delivery is concerned, email sent to my Gmail account is always delivered first. Curious.
    03-05-13 02:42 PM
    The only reason you'd need to check Outlook.com directly for missing mails is due to the slowness of POP e-mail (and the fact that push works much better).

To get Push, you need Exchange ActiveSync, which works like a charm on BB10. On BB 5/6/7, you either need to deal with POP, check e-mail through the mobile web, or get an Exchange ActiveSync client like AstraSync. Not ideal by any stretch.

Once you've got BB10 or another Exchange-compatible OS, however, the experience is second to none. E-mail is super fast, and calendars/contacts are best-in-class. MUCH better than what Google delivers.
    JR A likes this.
    03-05-13 03:39 PM
    I'm beginning to wonder more and more, if this is where GMail\Google have cornered the market. What I mean by that is, with virtually ANY Smartphone, you can use a GMail account for Email, Calendar and Contacts.

All other email providers it seems you have to make a compromise somewhere, no?

Well, not to stray off topic, I just thought it was an interesting point\argument...
    03-06-13 07:10 AM
    the only thing i don't like about outlook.com is that u cannot add a picture to contacts.. also you cannot delete or undo importing FB contacts...
    03-06-13 09:34 AM
    the only thing i don't like about outlook.com is that u cannot add a picture to contacts...
    Sure you can -- well, THEY can. It syncs their FB, LinkedIn, or Outlook profile photo.
    03-06-13 11:43 AM
    Hmm, seems to me another spot where GMail has Outlook.com beaten...
    03-06-13 11:55 AM
    I've noticed that on my DESKTOP PC, Outlook.com is a little slow at receiving emails. I'm using Chrome as my browser and have my Outlook.com tab open at all times, but it seems I'm always getting emails at least 20-45 minutes late. I thought it could just be the fact that I'm using Chrome and might see if there's a difference if I use Outlook.com with IE. I really like the fact that the Gmail tab in my browser will update with a number as soon as it gets an email. Outlook doesn't do this, or at least it doesn't for me.

Anyone else experience these same things? I love the user-interface on Outlook.com much better. It's different, especially after using Gmail for the last... well, I've been a Gmail user since they first released beta-invitations, but I love how it's got the left-hand panel, list of emails, then the actual email on the right; I love that layout since I can see everything at a glance without clicking back and forth (and I don't really like the new Gmail pop up when you want to compose a new email). I just miss the two things I stated above... But, if the only way I can get real push email on my (future) BB10 phone, then I must start the transition period now...
    03-06-13 12:58 PM
    After even more research, I'll stick with GMail for now. It seems Outlook.com still has a few things to 'edit', and Avatars for Contacts is one of them...
    03-10-13 07:43 AM
    Outlook works great with the Z10 and windows 8.

The only issue I have with Gmail and outlook is the problem Gmail has receiving meeting invites from outlook.

But other than that. I like how it works with active sync. It also has tasks so it works with remember app.

I'm happy with the change from Gmail to Outlook.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 08:18 AM
80 1234