In Outlook, I have a few Contact Lists under My Contacts. Only Contacts syncs with the BB. The others, with other names, don't. But I can't move them into one Contacts folder in Outlook. How do I get the other contacts into the BB?
    07-21-10 02:55 PM
    Connect your BB to your PC. Open Desktop Manager. Open the Synchronization menu. Click Synchronization under Configure at left. Click Synchronization at right. Click Address Book and then Advanced. Click Map Folder. Expand Personal Folders at left. Expand Contacts and find your other contacts folder. Click Add to move them to the right side.
    07-21-10 04:40 PM
    Thanks, I also figured out over time that I can't move folders within Outlook, but I can open a contacts folder in Outlook, then select all, and then that way move them to the other folder, You can't copy/paste, but you can drag. But you can't drag folders. Odd, but it worked. Thanks for your suggestion, as it taught me another way.
    07-22-10 07:46 PM
    I have an issue..

When i make changes in outlook or in my BB it doesnt show up in the other one, untill i open desktop manager and syncronize my self.. is this normal or should it syncronize by its self???
    07-23-10 02:43 AM
    happens only with contacts.. calender is syncronizing itself..
    07-23-10 07:10 AM
    I don't know how to synchronize without opening DM. I have BIS; maybe BES is different.

You can configure DM to synchronize automatically when the device is connected.

You can also configure the individual behavior of calendar sync and address book sync (also memo pad and tasks). You can set turn sync off completely for either; you can set the direction; you can change the mapping; and you can set up conflict resolution.
    07-23-10 08:00 AM
    BES is different, bis needs manual syncing.
    07-23-10 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD