Why does something as simple as wanting to purchase music have to be so hard on the Passport? I finally received a work Passport for testing, along with some senior management. First question was, how do I purchase music? On their iOS devices, it's pretty simple. iTunes. I can't believe there is no pre-installed app to purchase music/movies/tv shows, etc. Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help
    gebco likes this.
    01-21-15 10:44 AM
    There use to be a way directly from BBW, but blackberry pulled the plug.

For music, you can download 7digital from blackberry world.

For movies, you can search the forum for Google Play store by Cobalt, from there you can download movies and books.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 10:55 AM
    I really missed this feature. I used to get tons of movies and music from blackberry world, now they dont have it. 7digital picked up my library, but their app is trash. The amazon music app is a little better, but takes some serious time to download anything. I'm hoping with the new os rolling out in the next month or so, it'll address the performance issues and I can easily use the amazon one.

In the interm, I've just been buying it on my desktop, and using the file manager to transfer it accross.
    01-21-15 10:59 AM
    amazon or 7 digital would be the best options
    01-21-15 11:02 AM
    Amazon and 7 digital.

Posted via Classic
    01-21-15 02:19 PM
    Amazon app store -_- that's pre install on your device from out of the box, you do know that BlackBerry have two app stores plus also you can just sync music from your iTunes. And you can just also sync then over from your computer using link. Didn't you just ask this question in another thread

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    01-21-15 02:36 PM
    Why does something as simple as wanting to purchase music have to be so hard on the Passport? I finally received a work Passport for testing, along with some senior management. First question was, how do I purchase music? On their iOS devices, it's pretty simple. iTunes. I can't believe there is no pre-installed app to purchase music/movies/tv shows, etc. Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help
    Because Chen wants it that way.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-21-15 02:37 PM
    Chen wants corporate clients. He doesn't seem to understand that corporate clients also like to relax. I'm in a managerial role in the public sector. My Z30 is an extension of my laptop. It makes my communication more efficient. But I also like to play, relax on my down time. I loved having movies and music in BlackBerry World. I have Amazon Store installed on my phone 10.2.1. I see no option to buy music or movies.
    It isn't acceptable in my mind that in 2015 we don't have an easy solution to this. We had it. It was taken away.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime and pblakeney like this.
    01-21-15 05:08 PM
    AmazonMp3 is decent even using it on Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.3253 but I do miss purchasing movies.

7digital sucks even when it was built in to BBW...it often didn't have certain Artists that I searched.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 05:22 PM
    Showbox app.

Thank me later!

Z30 (10.3.1)
    01-21-15 05:29 PM
    Download the 7Digital App from BlackBerry World. You are right in saying that this is something that should come pre installed.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 05:49 PM
    Show Box seems to work for me. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 06:27 PM
    Chen wants corporate clients. He doesn't seem to understand that corporate clients also like to relax. I'm in a managerial role in the public sector. My Z30 is an extension of my laptop. It makes my communication more efficient. But I also like to play, relax on my down time. I loved having movies and music in BlackBerry World. I have Amazon Store installed on my phone 10.2.1. I see no option to buy music or movies.
    It isn't acceptable in my mind that in 2015 we don't have an easy solution to this. We had it. It was taken away.

Posted via CB10
    Paying 15$ to download a movie? No thanks... I don't 'miss it'
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    01-21-15 06:31 PM
    You can still use iTunes to purchase music, but you need to purchase it on a computer, then sync to the phone from the computer.

For DRM content, like movies, there is no option to buy or play them on the device. I don't know if it still works, but ultraviolet would stream your purchased content. It was run by Flixster and I assume Flixster would probably stream too. This ability may get lost if it was based on Adobe Flash and if your OS version doesn't have Flash. The current 3.1 OS version on the Classic does not have adobe Flash.

Posted via CB10
    pblakeney likes this.
    01-21-15 07:12 PM
    Paying 15$ to download a movie? No thanks... I don't 'miss it'
    Fair enough. For me, I liked renting some of the movies for viewing later like rainy days at the cabin, flying etc.
    01-21-15 07:18 PM
    Fair enough. For me, I liked renting some of the movies for viewing later like rainy days at the cabin, flying etc.
    Well it would have been nice if the price was right for sure. I guess I'm not the market price haha
    01-21-15 09:13 PM
    Get ttorrent and download songs through torrent. That's what I do.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Z10
    01-21-15 09:15 PM
    Google "Amazon books". Then Google "Amazon mp3s". It's very easy.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    01-21-15 10:44 PM
    BlackBerry, add an app again, please. :-)
    Amazon revenue sharing... ?

�   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   �
    01-22-15 03:48 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I downloaded 7 digital which is clearly not designed for the Passport as the screen items are off the screen. Thanks for working wide. However, I'm more than disappointed that some of my favourite bands (Metallica) aren't even in the store. So this is not a solution. I will look into the Amazon Store, but if we need now two accounts (BlackBerry and Amazon account) this is going to go over to well...
    01-22-15 06:57 AM
    Have you tried the iTunes route for the music? It is pretty seamless if you have iTunes on a PC or Mac that you can connect your Passport to.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 07:10 AM
    It's sad that BlackBerry World doesn't have these basic features.

 Z10
    01-22-15 03:26 PM
    And we can all thank John 'app neutrality' Chen for this fiasco. Enterprise users apparently don't listen to music or watch moves... d'oh!!!
    01-22-15 07:20 PM
    Nah now he wants governments to force Apple to open up iTunes app and Google to open up their equivalent app to BlackBerry. App Neutrality! If you can't beat them, then force them with regulation to let you join them!

Posted via CB10
    cribble2k likes this.
    01-22-15 08:13 PM
    Nah now he wants governments to force Apple to open up iTunes app and Google to open up their equivalent app to BlackBerry. App Neutrality! If you can't beat them, then force them with regulation to let you join them!

Posted via CB10
    Well, it really should be that way. It's foolish for it not to be. This is part of the plan. John Chen has stated that he believes BlackBerry's ecosystem is everything. There is nothing wrong with someone owning a Macbook and a BlackBerry. They do work well together. It's Apple's mentality that 'if you want iTunes on your mobile device, then you'll need to buy an iPhone.' This is foolish and I don't quite understand it. iTunes should be avaliable on Android and BlackBerry. It's available for PC afterall. And it's not going to hurt iPhone sales. It would almost definitely increase iTunes sales (not that they really need a boost).

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-22-15 08:19 PM
30 12