My plan to hold on to my 9700 until BB10 was available just went out the window as the old Bold just died. So I just purchased a 9900 with a new 2 year plan and love it even more than I expected. But....

When BB10 is here (hopefully Q1 2013) I will be one of the first in line to upgrade to the new platform and device, even though it will come at a financial penalty for me since I will have to terminate my contract early.

Not all will agree with this but I think those that claim loyalty to BlackBerry (ie, most of the members of the CrackBerry Nation) should seriously consider leading by example and getting a BB10 device when they become available, even if it comes at a financial price such as for those who are not in immediate need of upgrading.

Although the number of readers of this forum is small compared to the overall market of individuals who will be purchasing devices at the beginning of next year, I think we could play a not insignificant role in helping to generate a buzz about the new platform via word-of-mouth and show-and-tell. Certainly BB10 will need to deliver everything and more that has been promised so far, and the reviews, apps, carrier relations, etc will all play a huge role. But we should all be ambassadors and lead by example. Further, helping the new devices to a successful launch with momentum is self-serving to all of us who want to see BlackBerry survive in light of all the do or die talk. Do you feel the obligation?
    07-03-12 09:01 PM
    Ambassadors to a full profit company hmmmm are you getting some kind of marketing stipend I need to know about or are they paying u a commission to advertise for them? Rim doesn't care about you they care about your money and you shouldn't give them that money unless they put out a valuable product. That is how business works.
    Last edited by JTATL; 07-03-12 at 09:05 PM.
    07-03-12 09:03 PM
    Are you serious? You know, you can do with your money what you wish for whatever
    reasons you see fit but to suggest what other people do with theirs out of some
    stilted sense of loyalty is wrong and just irresponsible.

Here is what I plan to do. I am going to wait until the device is released and if it
    passes muster I will buy it. If it doesn't, I won't. End of story. Loyalty and this
    asinine sense of obligation WILL NOT be part of my decision making process.

My ONLY obligation to RIM is to buy their products when it makes sense and to
    pay my bill on time.
    07-03-12 09:11 PM
    Never will I make supporting a company a priority over my personal well-being.

I'll get a BlackBerry 10 when I'm ready. It's not my job to keep RIM in business.

I own a BlackBerry, I recommend BlackBerry devices and I post here. That's it. If they want me in a commercial or a pin up calendar, I'll do that too.

That's it.
    07-03-12 09:13 PM
    If they want me in a commercial or a pin up calendar, I'll do that too.

That's it.
    Must

Resist

Temptation
    Chrisy and BB10FTW like this.
    07-03-12 09:17 PM
    Sorry RIM should discount the device to all os 7 owners still with time on contract so they get them at no additional cost above new contract rate usually 200 or so otherwise new device price is 500 plus and bb 10 phone isn't worth that. No smartphone is.
    Last edited by JTATL; 07-03-12 at 09:21 PM.
    07-03-12 09:17 PM
    Maybe one thing RIM could explore with carriers is letting an OS7 user ad a second device (BB10) to a plan at a reduced cost

This would let people upgrade to an OS7 device now and still have BB10!
    07-03-12 09:18 PM
    Must

Resist

Temptation
    I <3 AG
    07-03-12 09:19 PM
    So far with my three BB devices i am sold on their products. I just upgraded my phone as I had a storm2 for 2.5 years and needed to get a new device to hold me over. Now on 9850. Love it. This also renewed my contract and will most definitely be purchasing a BB10 device at any cost when launched. Any platform out there has bugs quirks and issues. BB has most awesome hugs perks and "miss-yous" (when I am working) lol I am loyal.

Wish my boyfriend had been.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 until my kick a$$ BB10 is released ! I'm stickin with RIM til one of us dies.
    07-03-12 09:22 PM
    Sorry RIM should discount the device to all os 7 owners still with time on contract so they get them at no additional cost above new contract rate usually 200 or so otherwise new device price is 500 plus and bb 10 phone isn't worth that. No smartphone is.
    Why should they do that? No one forced you to upgrade to an Os 7 device....

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    BB10FTW likes this.
    07-03-12 09:25 PM
    So far with my three BB devices i am sold on their products. I just upgraded my phone as I had a storm2 for 2.5 years and needed to get a new device to hold me over. Now on 9850. Love it. This also renewed my contract and will most definitely be purchasing a BB10 device at any cost when launched. Any platform out there has bugs quirks and issues. BB has most awesome hugs perks and "miss-yous" (when I am working) lol I am loyal.

Wish my boyfriend had been.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 until my kick a$$ BB10 is released ! I'm stickin with RIM til one of us dies.
    Oh that last post was saccharine sweet.
    07-03-12 09:25 PM
    Why should they do that? No one forced you to upgrade to an Os 7 device....

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    I didn't I refused to after the 3rd bb10 delay and switched platforms. If bb10 is kickass I'll try it next summer

Maybe phone dog and Engadget will love it. Walt Mossberg will say he loves it that will determine my decision.
    Last edited by JTATL; 07-03-12 at 09:30 PM.
    07-03-12 09:27 PM
    Maybe one thing RIM could explore with carriers is letting an OS7 user ad a second device (BB10) to a plan at a reduced cost

This would let people upgrade to an OS7 device now and still have BB10!
    It's called a family plan?
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-03-12 09:32 PM
    I am loyal to people, not inanimate objects I must pay for. Although I have been a fan of BBs for 11 years now, I owe RIM no more obligation than they owe to me. They owe me nothing, and I will happily switch to WP8, Android, or even iOS if I feel like it.
    07-03-12 09:33 PM
    I will still rock BlackBerry, for sure. And I will stick to BB till BB10 hits. But this is based on pure fan boy sentiment. Doesn't work for everyone.
    07-03-12 09:53 PM
    Like op said RIM owes me nothing. I love my 9930. I will get a BB10 when a keyboard is launched and not before. I have fixed my battery issue and really in love with my 9930. If BB10 is better than 9930......that's a good problem to have.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    07-03-12 09:53 PM
    My obligation is the same to RIM as it is to my country. I will support it, and I will fight for it. Now that being said, I have bought 2 Blackberry phones and 2 Playbooks. I have also had many debates with people who claim RIM is dead and I am always on RIM's side because I believe in them like I do my country. I am however going to draw the line at taking food out of my mouth for a cell phone, or any other kind of technology for that matter. I respect your commitment but, you should rethink your plan, it just isn't worth it. BB10 will be awesome but, there are only a couple of reasons to go without food and cell phones are not one of the reasons.

Best of luck to you and I hope everything turns out for you.

Long Live RIM and Go Canada Go!!
    07-03-12 10:11 PM
    I understand your loyalty but a company even if domiciled in your country doesn't necessarily represent your country.

In some ways it's like asking Americans to buy gm when gm products are substandard compared to German and Japanese automobiles.
    Last edited by JTATL; 07-03-12 at 10:20 PM.
    07-03-12 10:14 PM
    My plan to hold on to my 9700 until BB10 was available just went out the window as the old Bold just died. So I just purchased a 9900 with a new 2 year plan and love it even more than I expected. But....

When BB10 is here (hopefully Q1 2013) I will be one of the first in line to upgrade to the new platform and device, even though it will come at a financial penalty for me since I will have to terminate my contract early.

Not all will agree with this but I think those that claim loyalty to BlackBerry (ie, most of the members of the CrackBerry Nation) should seriously consider leading by example and getting a BB10 device when they become available, even if it comes at a financial price such as for those who are not in immediate need of upgrading.

Although the number of readers of this forum is small compared to the overall market of individuals who will be purchasing devices at the beginning of next year, I think we could play a not insignificant role in helping to generate a buzz about the new platform via word-of-mouth and show-and-tell. Certainly BB10 will need to deliver everything and more that has been promised so far, and the reviews, apps, carrier relations, etc will all play a huge role. But we should all be ambassadors and lead by example. Further, helping the new devices to a successful launch with momentum is self-serving to all of us who want to see BlackBerry survive in light of all the do or die talk. Do you feel the obligation?
    What will help the devices become successful is if they launch on time and provide features, attractiveness, service,ecosystem, WOW factor and everything else the competition currently gives so that customers desire them enough to spend their money on them, fans included. Enough of the promises. Misguided loyalty won't help RIM one little bit. If their devices are uncompetitive no amount of word of mouth is going to help. I want RIM to succeed by being competitive. And actually they need to deliver more than they've promised so far because by the time they do bring their product to market at this rate it may already be dated.
    07-03-12 10:19 PM
    Once BB10 launches, I will buy it within 60 days.

Or maybe it'll be next fall. Nah, I'll get it the year after.

In all seriousness though, I use a BlackBerry because of what it can do and certain things that I appreciate (like the keyboard, LED, holster profiles etc). If I come across another device that meets what I'm looking for, I'm going to get it whether it be another BlackBerry, an iPhone, Android, or Windows phone.

Do you feel the obligation?
    Nope.

Do you think RIM feels any obligation to you? (unless you're a shareholder)
    07-03-12 10:55 PM
    LOL. I thought iFans were sheep.

No way in I would monetarily penalized myself to reward a company's bad behavior.

How much was that rock?
    ADGrant likes this.
    07-03-12 11:14 PM
    That's it. If they want me in a commercial or a pin up calendar, I'll do that too.
    I think you just stumbled on the answer. Each BB10 device should come with a Women of BlackBerry calendar. RIM won't be able to keep them in stock!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-03-12 11:49 PM
    @JTATL you misunderstood what I was saying. I didn't mean I stand by RIM because they are Canadian (although that is one reason) I was just using it as a comparison. I am loyal to RIM just as I am loyal to my country and by loyal to my country I am saying that I share its values and I believe in what Canada stands form. I feel the same about RIM but I am not about to take food out of my mouth for a cell phone, I would if my fellow Canadian or human being for that matter needed it.
    07-03-12 11:49 PM
    Billionaire CEOs love people like you.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-04-12 07:39 AM
    Must

Resist

Temptation
    Must feel like a former-alcoholic coming to a bar full of booze...and hookers isn't?

Don't say anything!!! bit your tongue
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-04-12 08:43 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD