holy scroll-fest!
    why is the default format size of the site so big?

Every site has an EIC and Managing Editor! Scroll down on this site...

Mobile Nations - NO. 1 FOR ALL THINGS MOBILE
    10-16-13 08:45 PM
    Hey All,

Thanks for the thread. I hear ya on it. I haven't been on the blogs very much at all. I'm still around as much as ever, just not hitting publish on blog posts as much as I'd ideally like to be. Been using the podcasts (which we HAVE been doing more of) to get my opinions out there. Listen to all the podcasts we've recorded the past two months and you won't be asking what my thoughts are. They are pretty well known.

What you guys are also forgetting is how the first half of 2013 went for me. I completely put my life on hold as I moved to Toronto for a month to cover BB10 launch, pulled a month of all nighters to work with the tech/design guys to launch the new CB Redesign, the moved to NYC for 2 months (and BB World for a week from there) to cover the US launch of BB10, get Talk Mobile going, and do CB Live. First half of 2013 I completely neglected my other duties, so the last few months I've had to play catch up on that. Believe me, I love focusing on producing content -- that's the most fun you can have in this type of business (which really is a passion!) -- but it is also that, a business, so there's a lot of work to take care of on the backend. Overall, we're a small team, which means I have to wear a LOT of hats, and there's only so much time in the day.

The GOOD news is that at the end of October I'm going to be heading to Paris for three weeks (my fianc�e is taking an MBA program out there for the year and I'm going to help her get settled). Being on that timezone, I'll have lots of quiet time while North America sleeps where I'll be able to get done a lot of CrackBerry writing. Hell, I even decided I'm going to write the CrackBerry BOOK and have been working on laying that out (the real story of BlackBerry... will make the Globe and Mail piece look like kindergarten). Also, coming back from Paris, I'll be flying solo with my better half overseas, so basically my life will be 100% work so I should have more time to dedicate to content (and I need to make some time to work out cuz I'm getting fat!). So you will see a lot more of me on the blogs FOR REALLY REALS. I'm really looking forward to it.

Love that you guys miss me though!
    I like that you feel compelled to answer almost all of these kind of threads. However, I think anyone with a good set of eyes should be able to see how busy you have been. I have actually noticed your presence more in the forums as of late. And, whilst I enjoy your blog posts, I love your forum posts even more. At any rate, I look forward to your continued work on everything CrackBerry related.

Postscript: I would like to see a CrackBerry Kevin review of the Z30 as well, but the white one. Do it. Do it. =)
    10-16-13 08:47 PM
    I'd be sick of defending myself to these people. Mobile Nations has staff for a reason, so that the boss can get other **** done.

Twitter: xandermac
    10-16-13 08:48 PM
    In Kevin, we trust.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:49 PM
    The GOOD news is that at the end of October I'm going to be heading to Paris for three weeks (my fianc�e is taking an MBA program out there for the year and I'm going to help her get settled). Being on that timezone, I'll have lots of quiet time while North America sleeps where I'll be able to get done a lot of CrackBerry writing. Hell, I even decided I'm going to write the CrackBerry BOOK and have been working on laying that out
    Kevin, if writing for CrackBerry.com occurs only during your personal downtime and has become the last priority on your list, perhaps it's time to promote someone else as Editor In Chief.
    10-16-13 09:16 PM
    I think you should just take time off in Paris and not worry about Cb deadlines... recharge you're batteries you deserve it dude.

Posted via CB10
    newcollector likes this.
    10-16-13 09:24 PM
    Hell, I even decided I'm going to write the CrackBerry BOOK and have been working on laying that out (the real story of BlackBerry... will make the Globe and Mail piece look like kindergarten).
    Looking forward to the book, Kevin. That's a big task to undertake and getting it all down on paper should be a great read. I'll definitely be one of the first to buy it!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 09:42 PM
    Kevin, if writing for CrackBerry.com occurs only during your personal downtime and has become the last priority on your list, perhaps it's time to promote someone else as Editor In Chief.
    Birdman, although I like a lot of what you say, I don't think we see this as the same. If I spend 40+ hours at a job and have time to spend with my wife that's cool. When I or my wife is away at a conference or such, I can spend even more at the stuff I need to or like to.

Just sayin'.
    Barljo and kbz1960 like this.
    10-16-13 10:17 PM
    Wait, what's this box you speak of?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 05:58 AM
    Lol nothing to say about Blaize. My main issue is why does every other site have dedicated EIC though?
    I get no love unless something 'over their head' comes up or I've done something wrong.. then it's all "WTF WHERE'S BLA1ZE, WHY ISN'T HE ON SKYPE... I NEED HIM or I NEED TO YELL AT HIM" I'm OK with that.

Plus, right now is kind of sort of my 'personal / family' time before I settle in for winter as I'm not home in Canada right now. I'm still around mind you, just more so in the forums here, on iMore and Android Central. I actually broke over 8,000 forum posts recently, that's not a lot compared to some but take into account I also blog on all Mobile Nations sites from time-to-time, that's a bit of a personal feat for me.
    angieberry10 likes this.
    10-17-13 06:19 AM
    I get no love unless something 'over their head' comes up or I've done something wrong.. then it's all "WTF WHERE'S BLA1ZE, WHY ISN'T HE ON SKYPE... I NEED HIM or I NEED TO YELL AT HIM" I'm OK with that.

Plus, right now is kind of sort of my 'personal / family' time before I settle in for winter as I'm not home in Canada right now. I'm still around mind you, just more so in the forums here, on iMore and Android Central. I actually broke over 8,000 forum posts recently, that's not a lot compared to some but take into account I also blog on all Mobile Nations sites from time-to-time, that's a bit of a personal feat for me.
    I'm just glad I wasn't the one left out. For once.
    angieberry10 likes this.
    10-17-13 06:32 AM
    I'm just glad I wasn't the one left out. For once.
    I know right?! Even I was happy for you.

Sent via my Banana Phone on the Chiquita Wireless Network.
    10-17-13 06:46 AM
    I actually broke over 8,000 forum posts recently, that's not a lot compared to some but take into account I also blog on all Mobile Nations sites from time-to-time, that's a bit of a personal feat for me.
    Congrats on 8000, yo!
    10-17-13 06:48 AM
    There's also Bla1ze and Umatowski (not sure how to write it right)
    10-17-13 06:49 AM
    You guys are doing great... don't let anyone tell you otherwise...

Bla1ze don't forget about me....

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    10-17-13 07:02 AM
    Congrats on 8000, yo!
    Thank you, sir.

Sent via my Banana Phone on the Chiquita Wireless Network.
    10-17-13 07:02 AM
    All of you guys are doing a great job, keep it up. I know sometimes it can be more difficult with all the negativity.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 08:21 AM
    As BlackBerry staggered, there was a natural tendency to watch for KM's movements more closely, as in the absence of meaningful news coming from BlackBerry itself, people were looking for a tell.

I figured that with so much going on behind the scenes, KM was working his phones and contacts overtime, and not all of the resulting info might be sharable on CB. Less time to post and comment.

The future of BlackBerry has obviously been a topic of frequent discussion on the Podcasts and KM has mentioned that however it turns out, CB isn't going anywhere, as users will have their current phones for years in some cases. But it's hard to imagine a guy like KM hanging around for long if CB entered permanent zombie status. As much as he's identified with BlackBerry and as much as BlackBerry is the basis of his expertise, his intelligence and other qualities that have largely made this place, are not necessarily limited to BlackBerry.

A lot of the time, a lot of us participate here as hyper-partisans focused exclusively on BlackBerry. But I like the Mobile Nations concept and can see where KM would be a key element of its growth which will be good, even if it means KM'S time is sometimes spread a little thin.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 08:44 AM
    As members sometimes it's easy to forget that while mobile is an interest/hobby for most of us, it's a job for these guys. None of us work 24 hours a day, we all have our personal lives with family and friends, get sick from time to time, and we all take time off for holidays etc.
    donemt likes this.
    10-17-13 09:14 AM

You left out the most recent notice given you, Bla1ze. That was when they tried to pressure to change your avatar! Don't do it, Bla1ze. Stay true to thyself. It is a strange, different, unique avatar, but if you like it, stay with it. Don't cave to the pressure of staff or thousands of reader complaints.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    10-17-13 09:41 AM
    Hey All,

Thanks for the thread. I hear ya on it. I haven't been on the blogs very much at all. I'm still around as much as ever, just not hitting publish on blog posts as much as I'd ideally like to be. Been using the podcasts (which we HAVE been doing more of) to get my opinions out there. Listen to all the podcasts we've recorded the past two months and you won't be asking what my thoughts are. They are pretty well known.

What you guys are also forgetting is how the first half of 2013 went for me. I completely put my life on hold as I moved to Toronto for a month to cover BB10 launch, pulled a month of all nighters to work with the tech/design guys to launch the new CB Redesign, the moved to NYC for 2 months (and BB World for a week from there) to cover the US launch of BB10, get Talk Mobile going, and do CB Live. First half of 2013 I completely neglected my other duties, so the last few months I've had to play catch up on that. Believe me, I love focusing on producing content -- that's the most fun you can have in this type of business (which really is a passion!) -- but it is also that, a business, so there's a lot of work to take care of on the backend. Overall, we're a small team, which means I have to wear a LOT of hats, and there's only so much time in the day.

The GOOD news is that at the end of October I'm going to be heading to Paris for three weeks (my fianc�e is taking an MBA program out there for the year and I'm going to help her get settled). Being on that timezone, I'll have lots of quiet time while North America sleeps where I'll be able to get done a lot of CrackBerry writing. Hell, I even decided I'm going to write the CrackBerry BOOK and have been working on laying that out (the real story of BlackBerry... will make the Globe and Mail piece look like kindergarten). Also, coming back from Paris, I'll be flying solo with my better half overseas, so basically my life will be 100% work so I should have more time to dedicate to content (and I need to make some time to work out cuz I'm getting fat!). So you will see a lot more of me on the blogs FOR REALLY REALS. I'm really looking forward to it.

Love that you guys miss me though!
    Please announce when the book is available, and make it available in BB App World. Or a reputable E-Book reseller? Would love to buy it, or directly from you.
    10-17-13 09:43 AM
    i can accept leader, since he is the owner of the site, but fearless? wtf?
    10-17-13 09:46 AM
    i can accept leader, since he is the owner of the site, but fearless? wtf?
    It's just a figure of speech lol
    10-17-13 09:57 AM
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editor-in-chief

"An editor-in-chief (editorial head) is a publication's primary head, having final responsibility for all the operations and policies.[1][2] He or she heads all the departments of the organization. Additionally, the editor-in-chief is held accountable for delegating tasks to staff members as well as keeping up with the time it takes them to complete their task.

[...]

Typical responsibilities of editors-in-chief include:[3]

Cross-checking facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, design pages and photos;
    Rejecting writing that appears to be plagiarized, ghost-written by another sub-editor, previously published elsewhere, or simply of insufficient interest to the readers of the publication;
    Editing any content in question;
    Contributing editorial pieces;
    Motivating and developing editorial staff;
    Ensuring final draft is complete and no area is left empty;
    Handling reader complaints and taking responsibility for resulting issues; and
    For books or journals, cross-checking citations and examining references ("fact checking")"

So yeah... what we 'see' of Kevin is only one of his responsibilities... give the guy a break, it's not like we have paid subscriptions or anything.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 10:12 AM
49 12