Hello crackberry nation,

I have a problem, not a major one, but one that has been bugging me.

When I talk on speakerphone, there are times when I want to send a quick BBM, or do a web search (I don't have ADD, sometimes the person I am talking to needs info). While I am typing away, the other party complains that the keypad noise is driving them mad. Is there anyway to have the keys muted, or is this just going to have be lived with. It is a lot better with a bluetooth headset, but I really hate those things. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    03-29-10 09:14 PM
    Theres really no way to "mute" the hard buttons except with a headset like you said. Maybe try typing softer.
    03-29-10 09:18 PM
    I have had the same experience. Funny thing is that the noise is not audible when using bluetooth. Thus, I can text away while on bluetooth without the other party noticing but not on speakerphone or just using the handset regularly. Kind of a pain....
    03-29-10 09:57 PM
    Dang... OP got caught "Slurfing". lol
    03-29-10 10:29 PM
    Can you mute your mic on the phone call while typing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 05:36 AM
    I have had the same experience. Funny thing is that the noise is not audible when using bluetooth. Thus, I can text away while on bluetooth without the other party noticing but not on speakerphone or just using the handset regularly. Kind of a pain....
    Why is that a funny thing? Lol, obviously it won't be audible if you are using a bluetooth headset.

This happens because of the mic being so close to the keys.
    Last edited by Starchest; 03-30-10 at 08:04 AM.
    03-30-10 08:01 AM
    Wow, never thought of this before. I use speakerphone all the time so I can enter a calendar event regarding and during my phone conversation.

I suppose being on the receiving end, the tap tap would be highly annoying. Funny no one has said anything to me about it however.
    10-19-10 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD