Ok, so i realized that CB is doing a great job at covering the MAIN points and sessions for the event...

But there is only so much that so few people can do, so I think that there should be a place where CB members can ask questions and have them answered by other developers, or people, at the event who have first hand knowledge that we are unable to get.

For example one of the members made a thread asking if the PB would get Cascades and another users answered with a 'not until the official release of the new OS for the PB'... to me this was a VERY important question and I think there are many more.

We can also use THIS ONE thread to discuss all the Q&A instead of creating new threads for every question.

I hope this helps!

FIRST QUESTION:

Does anyone at the event know if the 'on tour' events will include Dev Alpha devices?
    Would I get one if i go to the Toronto event?
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-02-12 01:22 AM
    I don't know the answer to your first question but if it's a big event then you're sure to get something!
    05-02-12 01:27 AM
    I don't know the answer to your first question but if it's a big event then you're sure to get something!
    I was so close to trying to go to BB WORLD... I cant really afford it, but I REALLY want to start developing some apps for the PB and using it for teaching (whenever i get a job) and this device would really help. If they dont have the device it wont be a deal breaker, because the main reason I want to go is just to see the presentations and be at the sessions and talk to other people who know a lot more then I do.

I have this feeling that it would be like some sort of magical land where I could learn a lot more then just searching the internet lol
    05-02-12 02:13 AM
    BlackBerry is taking JAM to different cities.

If you want to develop apps you should attend one
    05-02-12 07:19 AM
    Does anyone at the event know if the 'on tour' events will include Dev Alpha devices?
    Yes, Alec said they will be distributing these phones at those events.
    05-02-12 12:40 PM
    Yes, Alec said they will be distributing these phones at those events.
    NICE! and THANKS for sharing again (he was the developer that i mentioned in the topic post)

Does anyone else have any other questions?

JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:

BB10 WILL SUPPORT PHYSICAL KEYBOARDS
    05-02-12 01:12 PM
    Not really true, bbworld attendees are getting nothing. Jam people get the development alpha.
    OniBerry likes this.
    05-02-12 01:45 PM
    i gotta question, in regards to cascades, this might seem like a noob question, but this is just for the ui element of the app not the actual running processes? am i correct here? i guess what im basically saying is: is it possible to develop an app from start to finish using cascades alone?
    05-02-12 01:53 PM
    You would have had to register as a dev and for BBJam to be able to get an Alpha Device. It's not for those who are just attending.
    05-02-12 05:06 PM
    You would have had to register as a dev and for BBJam to be able to get an Alpha Device. It's not for those who are just attending.
    No, i understand that. Im saying If i do register and fill all of those requirements... then would i get one?
    05-03-12 12:18 AM
    I do not see why not. Not sure what the timeframe is like though
    05-03-12 05:46 AM
    i guess there wasnt much that happened...
    05-04-12 09:28 PM
    i gotta question, in regards to cascades, this might seem like a noob question, but this is just for the ui element of the app not the actual running processes? am i correct here? i guess what im basically saying is: is it possible to develop an app from start to finish using cascades alone?
    The way I understand it Cascades is a library of ui elements you can use in your app. The library is probably already in the OS since there are at least two applications using them now.

Cascades is not a programming language or environment. So the answer for you is no you can't write an app using only Cascades.
    05-05-12 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD