So what's the deal with RIM skipping model numbers? I know this has probably been discussed before but this baffles me. Do you think there will be 91xx,92xx,93xx,94xx,98xx and 99xx? They pretty much covered the void with the 7xxx models and left out I believe 84xx and 86xx out for the 8xxx series. It would be nice if things were a lot more organized.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 12:03 AM
    xx20=Wifi
    xx10=GPS
    xx00=Wifi/GPS
    xx30=CDMA
    xx50=CDMA/wifi
    Does that make sense?

11-06-09 12:13 AM
    I already know this but thanks! Haha still doesn't explain if RIM is planning on releasing those 9xxx #'s I listed or why they don't fill the void or keep things organized.

11-06-09 12:19 AM
    I think just start going in to the 10,000s to make it tough.

Honestly, I think they're moving away from concentrating too hard on the numbers, and more toward device "nicknames". The average consumer (the people they're trying to pick up as new customers) don't want to use a 9550. Eventually, I would think, the numbers will go away.
    11-06-09 12:23 AM
    Another thing that bugs me is that Verizons Curve 8530 is the "Curve2" and the 9550 is the Storm2 when every other carrier doesn't have the 8520 (T-Mobile) as the Curve2 or the 8900 for that matter as the Curve2. (Same thing with the upcoming "Tour2") why complicate things? I just had an epiphany, Verizons phones fail where other carriers don't thus the birth of the #2 to promote that device. Notice how every other carrier doesn't have a "Curve2" "Storm2"? Not even in the UK is the 9520 sold as the "Storm2"

11-06-09 12:35 AM
    You are bothered by an extremely trivial thing. I think rim figured this out 3 yrs ago when they started giving their devices names. It was so people like you don't get caught up on the numbers. Start calling them by there name and it will save you a ton of headache!

11-06-09 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD