I don't have my bb yet but was scanning some of the free themes. When it says OTA, does that mean I have to do this with my bb
    01-29-09 03:38 PM
    Yes that's exactly what it means

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 03:39 PM
    Yes that's exactly what it means

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    so in order to do an OTA, I have to be on the bb browser?
    Last edited by Vortec 5.3; 01-29-09 at 03:48 PM.
    01-29-09 03:41 PM
    So I have to be on my bb's browser right? OR, could I have sent to my desktop (jad) and load it that way?
    No. You have to go to the site from your blackberry browser. OTA means over the air. You can sometimes download the .jad file to your desktop, but that's kinda useless.
    01-29-09 03:48 PM
    you can send files to your phone through your computer via a cable but you cannot send them to the phone untill it is OTA (Over The Air) programmed
    01-29-09 03:48 PM
    No. You have to go to the site from your blackberry browser. OTA means over the air. You can sometimes download the .jad file to your desktop, but that's kinda useless.
    Open browser > go to site where the themes are (in my case) > click ota > then its sent directly to my phone? Where would that new theme show up and how do I load it?
    01-29-09 03:51 PM
    For a theme, after down loading, go to Options > Theme. The them will be listed (scroll if you need to). Click on the theme to change to that theme.

For OTA apps, they are installed automatically and will (generally) show up on your home screen. There are some apps such as AutoStandby that do not have icons. Everything is done through Options.
    01-29-09 03:56 PM
    For a theme, after down loading, go to Options > Theme. The them will be listed (scroll if you need to). Click on the theme to change to that theme.

For OTA apps, they are installed automatically and will (generally) show up on your home screen. There are some apps such as AutoStandby that do not have icons. Everything is done through Options.
    So when I see OTA, thats automatically sent to my phone right? browser> url of theme site > click ota?
    01-29-09 04:04 PM
    OTA means it will download it directly to your device then you allow it to install directly. Themes will show up in options/themes.
    01-29-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD