hi there, i am trying to upgrade the software on my blackberry bold 9700 to os6. Everytime i try to do this, it freezes my phone when it restarts .. it gets stuck on the screen where i have to accept the terms and agreements .. it wont even let me scroll down to the "i accept" button .. its frozen on the rights and i cant do anything with my phone ... ive tried pulling the battery, but once it restarts it gets frozen at the same part ... i was scared my phone was unusable after that, but then i downgraded the software back to os5, and it worked fine ... i really want the upgrade, does it not work for the 9700? or what? im confused .. please help !!
    09-02-11 06:34 AM
    hi there, i am trying to upgrade the software on my blackberry bold 9700 to os6. Everytime i try to do this, it freezes my phone when it restarts .. it gets stuck on the screen where i have to accept the terms and agreements .. it wont even let me scroll down to the "i accept" button .. its frozen on the rights and i cant do anything with my phone ... ive tried pulling the battery, but once it restarts it gets frozen at the same part ... i was scared my phone was unusable after that, but then i downgraded the software back to os5, and it worked fine ... i really want the upgrade, does it not work for the 9700? or what? im confused .. please help !!
    back up your phone through dm .....security wipe then try to upgrade again . os 6 works on 9700
    09-02-11 07:29 AM
    Yep I'm using 9700 OS 6 right now! Works a charm! Just backup and downgrade and then put it for update again. If you have DM 6 or 6.1 then it might not work for Windows so try it on a mac if you have one. It may not be the case right now though.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD