I just finished updating my blackberry a few minutes ago. In order for your blackberry to begin to update, insert the disk that was given to you when you purchased the device. once the application loader appears, click on check for updates and the blackberry OS Version 4.5 will be at the very top. select that and then click finish, the process takes about an hour and 30 minutes so you may want to do this when you are not expecting anyone to call. You will not loose any of your information that you already have because it will be backup before it is removed. when installation is almost complete all your information will be put back on your device. I now have DOCSTOGO and I love it.
    01-07-09 10:31 PM
    It may have just been released for Sprint, but it has always been out there from others.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-106355/
    01-07-09 11:24 PM
    Awesome! I wonder if it is possible to get an OTA update of this...Are OTA OS updates even possible? Just wondering because I don't have access to a computer that I could hook up to the blackberry at the moment.
    01-07-09 11:44 PM
    I must be missing something here. I insert the disk that came with my Berry, and I have an option to install desktop software, but I do not see an update option. However, when I open the desktop manager, there is a "check for updates" there. When i click on it, it takes to the the blackberry website and will allow me to update that software. I see nothing concerning anything that is Sprint specific for version 4.5.

When I go to the Sprint Powerdeck page that is in my browswer, check for updates, it says no updates available.
    01-07-09 11:45 PM
    I must be missing something here. I insert the disk that came with my Berry, and I have an option to install desktop software, but I do not see an update option. However, when I open the desktop manager, there is a "check for updates" there. When i click on it, it takes to the the blackberry website and will allow me to update that software. I see nothing concerning anything that is Sprint specific for version 4.5.

When I go to the Sprint Powerdeck page that is in my browswer, check for updates, it says no updates available.
    same here...fluke?
    01-07-09 11:46 PM
    I just double checked on the Sprint site as well, OS 4.2 is still on there, and for desktop manager they are only offering 4.3. There Berry site has desktop manager 4.7 available...

Not pulling the BS meter out yet, but would like better elaboration.
    01-07-09 11:49 PM
    I highly doubt that any Sprint specific 4.5OS is on anybody's disk, considering Sprint themselves posted a post on 1-6-09 on the BAW forums stating they are still working out the bugs on the 4.5OS, not to mention its not updated on Sprints site OR RIM's site.
    01-07-09 11:59 PM
    Not working here either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 12:09 AM
    Yeah I think it is safe to say there is no update available yet.

01-08-09 12:16 AM
    DAMN! I was just about to hook up my BB too!
    01-08-09 12:17 AM
    Maaaaaan, the OP really threw some fuel on the fire with this thread! Lol
    01-08-09 01:24 AM
    LOL did he ever come back and reply

01-08-09 01:45 AM
    come on people you should have known something was up when u see he only has one post....lol

He should be band for starting this thread.....
    01-08-09 02:33 AM
    April 1st is a long ways to go still...
    01-08-09 10:33 AM

Just checked on the Sprint site. This is fake. Loser.
    Last edited by runbeerrun; 01-08-09 at 11:17 AM.
    01-08-09 11:14 AM
    come on people you should have known something was up when u see he only has one post....lol

He should be band for starting this thread.....
    That's true. If it was really out, the OP would've posted a link, or screenshots of it on his device.
    01-08-09 01:16 PM

Just checked on the Sprint site. This is fake. Loser.
    This might have been a fake, but the 4.5 for the 8330 has still been out. I posted the link from the forums in my earlier post.
    01-08-09 02:28 PM
    I am closing this thread because the information is presented is not verified.
    01-08-09 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD