Hi All!
    I finally decided to upgrade my OS on my Torch from the last official ATT OTA .600 to the vodaphone .706... I followed the quick instructions at the top of the forum I was reading. Seems simple enough... BUT, when I double click Loader.exe on my pc, it takes me to a "device application selection" screen. This screen lists all the apps on my device. all are checked by default. When I click next, my phone flashes a lot like it's doing something. Then it says my phoneis updated... but the OS never gets loaded.

So, how do I proceed from that screen to get it to load the OS?

Thanks!
    Brian
    12-07-11 06:29 PM
    If every app under Action in the screenshot reads None, that means your phone isn't recognizing the OS installed on your computer as new.

1. Did you download and install the .706 on your computer?
    2. Did you delete all copies of vendor.xml? If you deleted one, there may be more around, so search for the file.
    Guatiao likes this.
    12-07-11 06:34 PM
    Sounds like another vendor file remains. Last time upgrade here every .xml file in the RIM folder had to be deleted to get the OS to load.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-11 06:43 PM
    Maybe this utility can help you search for all instances of the vendor.xml file:

Everything - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    12-07-11 08:06 PM
    Another question; If I've ever downloaded an OS before, there wouldn't be one on my PC (from backing up my phone, etc), right? I never deleted an OS as I didn't think there was one.

Thanks,
    Brian
    12-07-11 09:06 PM
    Back-ups don't hinder OS upgrades/downgrades. If you've ever installed an OS on your computer before though, it's recommended you uninstall it. If you've ever downloaded an OS before and the .exe file is sitting on your hard drive (i.e. not installed), that too is ok.

To check if you have any old OSes installed, go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and look for a line that reads something like "BlackBerry Device Software vX.X.X for the BB xxxx"
    12-07-11 10:05 PM
    Looks like vendor.xml issue, delete all the vendor.xml files first.
    12-08-11 05:29 AM
    I did a search on my drive and found a 2nd vendor.xml. I deleted it. Will try again tomorrow...

Thanks All!
    Brian
    12-08-11 09:32 PM
    Well, the OS upgrade is underway. AND it is actually working. It's a little nerve racking the first time. Currently "Wait for device initialization" is where I'm at...

Thanks again for all the help!

Fingers crossed,
    B.
    12-09-11 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD