I have a BB8310 ATT unlocked OS version 4.2.2.170 and would like to upgrade the OS to 4.5. have downloaded the upgrade but the phone (pluged in to USB) doesn't want to see or recognize the software. I have the Desktop Manager V 4.7 and it keeps wanting the type of device and pin but won.t let me input anything. Can anyone help this newby? Thanks!
    07-19-10 08:45 PM
    try BBSwissArmyKnife (AKA: BBSAK). i much prefer it to using the BB desktop manager.

download here:
    RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0

tutorial here:

07-19-10 10:56 PM
    Start again. Download a new DM and copy of the OS. Delete the OS and DM installed on your PC, install the new DM. Then install the OS, delete the vendor file and try again. You should be fine.
    FYI, I actually prefer 4.6DM - and it will work well with your device, if there's still a copy around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 11:43 PM
    I have a BB8310 ATT unlocked OS version 4.2.2.170 and would like to upgrade the OS to 4.5. have downloaded the upgrade but the phone (pluged in to USB) doesn't want to see or recognize the software. I have the Desktop Manager V 4.7 and it keeps wanting the type of device and pin but won.t let me input anything. Can anyone help this newby? Thanks!
    You may need to load the OS thru AppLoader. I'm assuming that the OS that you downloaded isn't an AT&T official, so you'll have to follow the steps in this thread to get the OS loaded on your device:
    How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    This should get you squared away.
    When you're plugging in the 8310, do you have the device powered on or off... it should recognize that it's plugged in...
    07-20-10 08:37 AM
    If you're loading an OS that's not an AT&T official, BBSAK is the way to go

download OS and install it your pc
    download and install BBSAK
    connect device to PC via USB
    Click wipe device in BBSAK
    when the device reboots to a white screen that says Error 507 Load Software
    Click Load OS in BBSAK
    When loader.exe starts click the checkboxes next to the apps you want (Maps, Tasks, P/W Keepr, etc)

Let it do it's thing!

Hope that helps, feel free to PM with questions
    07-20-10 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD