Hello Crackberry,

I recently read an article posted from "Blackberry Cool", a Viigo channel, that the official 4.5 was released on blackberry . com . I have a Sprint Curve 8330, and was running 4.3 up until tonight when I tried to upgrade. The article said that it was confirmed with Sprint as official, thus the reason I attempted to update. Well I followed the instructions, which said to select "check for updates" (all of this is from the blackberry website), and then it told me to run the windows that popped up. Well I had done all that, it told me to restart my computer, and click "check for updates" again after it boots up. During this whole process, I did have my Curve connected to my computer via the USB cord, though it never said it had to be. So I did all that, and the application loader pops up, and tells me that I'm running the latest software . Obviously I needed my Curve connected to my computer at this point. Here's the weird part; I went into Options > About to see if I was indeed running 4.5, and for some reason I cannot select it. No matter how many times I click on the "about" tab, it will not open. I can click on everything else just fine. I did try the trusty battery pull, but to no avail.

All help is much appreciated.
    Thanks

EDIT: I just went to MSN's mobile site and tried to watch a video, but the site just said "No video format for your phone". I don't know if this really has anything to do with the OS update working (or not, as it seems), but I've learned from these forums that the more information, the better!
    Last edited by jdhartman08; 11-27-08 at 05:44 AM.
    11-27-08 05:23 AM
    Alt-EACE and Alt-R.Shft-H are alternative methods of finding your OS version. It will be listed as App Version.
    11-28-08 07:21 PM
    Ah yes, that worked. Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately it seems that my phone indeed did not update. I guess I will just continue to wait for Sprint's "official" 4.5 release.
    11-28-08 07:25 PM
    Search around here I'm sure you can find 4.5 for your device. Also check out the proper uprgrade/downgrade thread in the tip section

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD