hi,

i did a os upgrade today, but there was some error (i made a screenshot but lost this too)

the data was not restored.

i did yesterday a full backup incl .cap file and today used the option before the os update.

now i have the problem that i don't get the .bbb restored. I wasn't aware of the difference of backups.

Further I do have now the problem that the .cap file is one gb hugh and it took so long to load these files that it look like it does not work.

in the mean time I restored at least the emails etc but all apps even bbworld or the passwordkeeper are not on the device.

now I'm trying it again with the last full update incl. .cap "integrierte Medienspeicher" which probably means the applications, hopefully passwordkeeper etc will be back too - this would be really bad for me.

as I'm still waiting hoping this one gigabyte file will be loaded successfully and I get my apps and data back, do you have any suggestions, opinoons hintns etc or just a few supporting word, I would be really thanfully

it really isnt my day today
    01-09-12 04:39 PM
    You should be able to use that bbb backup, with http://crackberry.com/leaked-blackbe...ycode-required
    01-09-12 04:48 PM
    thanks for the link. at the end the .bbb was only five emails or so newer so i used the backup before for email and calender, addressbook etc.

a hugh disadvantage was that I still lost my apps. couldn't bring the back up to work. is one gb normal ?

I gave up trying to install it after the progressbar was not even to one third after two hours. installing the apps new took me one hour in bb world, sadly i lost one app as this is now not available for bb 9900/os7 but it worked on mine before...

even worse I installed a bad official os version which drains so much battery, wouldn't believed it if it had not happen to me

ok so I hope 7.1 gets out soon, this week? and then I will upgrade immedadly, if not I will have to downgrade as .598 is almost not usable without ongoing access ( at least two times a day) to a powerline.

hey I'm getting better i using PlayBook virt. keyboard
    Last edited by boldkeyboardholic; 01-10-12 at 04:47 PM.
    01-10-12 04:43 PM
    IC! I can almost read that.

Best method for backing up apps is linked withing the upgrade guide in my signature. Works perfectly, no matter what DM version you're running. I make a backup at least once a month for safe keeping.

Not sure why that load hung for so long, but crap does happen. It's a RIM thing, other platforms wouldn't understand.

Edit - What app did you lose? I may be able to help.
    boldkeyboardholic likes this.
    01-10-12 05:31 PM
    IC! I can almost read that.

Best method for backing up apps is linked withing the upgrade guide in my signature. Works perfectly, no matter what DM version you're running. I make a backup at least once a month for safe keeping.

Not sure why that load hung for so long, but crap does happen. It's a RIM thing, other platforms wouldn't understand.

Edit - What app did you lose? I may be able to help.
    in your comment or because of it I had to *g* LOL and xD

yep it is a RIM thing *g*

actually it was more than one but for most I have alternatives or just have not the time to digging more

lost a navi app which were working with os5 on the org. Bold and I still worked on the new Bold. Now it is not possible to load the app. Another one is the crackberry screenshot app with this awesome multishot, the link in the forum is dead but perhaps I will find it somewere else, also have a app which does the normal screenshots at least.
    01-10-12 06:15 PM
    01-10-12 06:33 PM
    woohoo

10 to get the 10 characters
    01-10-12 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD