Following my 523 error (and owner died message) I am considering and contemplating reinstalling the OS...

1. Is that the best thing to do?
    2. Will it give me option to back-up the files I need (memo pad / images)
    3. Will it overwrite everything, or will it leave the files mentioned above alone?
    4. DM cannot see the phone long enough to do anything... how can I reinstall?
    10-11-11 10:36 AM
    10-11-11 10:55 AM
    I got the the part where it says to use desktop manager, and wanted to ask - whilst I can get desktop manager up... it wont connect to the device as it's not on long enough before going '523' on me.... will i be able to do this?
    10-13-11 04:07 AM
    Download and install the device software from your carrier, be it OS 5 or 6, then use Apploader to load it up. Do so without the battery, then insert it once the first phase is done, let it continue. If not, a warranty exchange will need to be done, if the following thread's methods is deemed useless after you've tried it on a different computer and you've already restarted yours and tried again afterwards.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 05:49 AM
    How do I find out what OS version I was using?
    10-17-11 04:45 AM
    How do I find out what OS version I was using?
    It doesn't really matter as long as you know whether it was OS 5 or OS 6. What phone are you using, knowing that will help us help you.
    10-17-11 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD