ok when i go to finish the prosses of installing the new os, before i press next to intall it it brings up a warning at the top that says
    WARNING!
    after compleating the loading operation, you must activate your device wirelessly to continue to recive and send and use other blackberry services. what does that mean?
    also how do i back up my bb?
    04-17-09 08:27 PM
    The warning means that once you are back up and running the
    radio may be off. To turn it on go to the Manage Connections icon
    and put a check in the Mobile Network box.

To backup your device, use Desktop Manager, connect phone to
    the USB cable, click Backup/Restore and go from there.
    04-17-09 09:16 PM
    ok ty sooo much
    04-17-09 09:24 PM
    Anytime and Welcome to Crackberry.com
    04-17-09 09:29 PM
    i'm upgrading the os and it says " downloaded modules 165 of 255" and is been stock there for a minute is this normal
    04-17-09 09:53 PM
    Wait it out, don't disconnect unless it says the operation is complete, or you get an error message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 10:06 PM
    Wait it out, don't disconnect unless it says the operation is complete, or you get an error message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

thanks but now my DM says disconnected too is this ok
    04-17-09 10:11 PM
    remember upgrading ya os is a pain staking waiting game
    04-17-09 10:12 PM
    Do you have your phone set to lock itself when the display goes on standby? If so, it will disconnect the USB when it locks itself and you will have to press a button and enter your password to unlock it every now and then to continue the install. I had the same problem before and it took a while for me to figure out why it was taking forever.

I have upgraded a few beta OS's since then and each time I disable the password lock in security options before I run the install and I have no issues.
    04-17-09 10:22 PM
    Do you have your phone set to lock itself when the display goes on standby? If so, it will disconnect the USB when it locks itself and you will have to press a button and enter your password to unlock it every now and then to continue the install. I had the same problem before and it took a while for me to figure out why it was taking forever.

I have upgraded a few beta OS's since then and each time I disable the password lock in security options before I run the install and I have no issues.

no that was not the issue it finaly stopped but now it says " a fatal error has ocurred while updating your software please try again " now what
    04-17-09 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD