Hi there. My first time posting on CrackBerry, and hoping you can help me.

I have recently graduated from a BB Curve 8330 to a BB Bold Touch 9900 and I've found a difference in the ringer profile setups. On the 8330 I could set the ringer profile in 2 stages, one for when it's holstered, and one for when it's not, specifically, 2 separate volume settings. The OS on the 9900 no longer allows me to do that, or so I think. Near as I can tell it allows for only one ringer volume setting per profile, regardless of whether it's holstered or not. Am I missing something? Is there an app that can bring this functionality back? Any advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers everyone!
    09-25-12 07:32 PM
    Congrats on the upgrade. Great device. If you go into your Ringer Options you should be able to select the options for both holstered and not.
    Upper Left corner of your homescreen

Change Sounds and Alerts
    Phone Ring Tone
    Third choice down asks if you want the tone played in/out or always.
    09-25-12 07:42 PM
    Heh, thanks for the reply, and yes it's an awesome phone! I especially like it's keypad, much easier to use than the 8330.

Ya, I found the Ringer Options on this new phone and have set pretty much everything. The one setting that I can't find is how to, if it's possible, set a different ringer volume for being in the holster. I want it on the Loud Ringer Profile when it's in the holster, and on the Normal Ringer Profile when it's out of it's holster.

Sorry if I didn't explain it clearly the first time.

My bad....
    09-25-12 10:08 PM
    Heh, thanks for the reply, and yes it's an awesome phone! I especially like it's keypad, much easier to use than the 8330.

Ya, I found the Ringer Options on this new phone and have set pretty much everything. The one setting that I can't find is how to, if it's possible, set a different ringer volume for being in the holster. I want it on the Loud Ringer Profile when it's in the holster, and on the Normal Ringer Profile when it's out of it's holster.

Sorry if I didn't explain it clearly the first time.

My bad....

There isn't a way to set the ringer to get louder once it is in the holster. You can only set it to one volume and have it ring always, in holster, or out of holster.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk�
    09-25-12 10:25 PM
    Hey dustanh, that is unfortunately the answer I was expecting... I had just been hoping that I might have missed something. Oh well, a minor glitch in an otherwise fantastic phone. I won't let it distract me any further...

Cheers, and thanks again folks!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-26-12 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD