I have recently installed the OS 6 on my BB 9700 i have noticed the whole wifi setup and process is different now, my data plan does not contain 500 MB of internet so when im at home i do rely on my wifi. How do i set up the wifi to my browser on hotspot so that i do not incur any browser fees?
    11-22-10 09:14 PM
    I have recently installed the OS 6 on my BB 9700 i have noticed the whole wifi setup and process is different now, my data plan does not contain 500 MB of internet so when im at home i do rely on my wifi. How do i set up the wifi to my browser on hotspot so that i do not incur any browser fees?
    When the blackberry symbol moves next to the wifi signal (which now looks like little sound waves) then you know that all your data is coming thru over wifi. Until the symbol moves, your data is still coming off the carrier's network.
    11-22-10 09:23 PM
    that's automatic.. just remember you must setup your wireless network so that it will connect to wifi automatically..there will be no fees if you are on wifi..

Also, good thing about OS6 is you can watch youtube vids thru wifi.. good luck!
    11-22-10 09:23 PM
    I too use a limited data plan. I know that you are fine with the WiFi on OS6. I used the Torch for a month using the Wifi and got by just fine. You can always look under "Service Status" and it will tell you how you are connected (WiFi or Mobile Network)
    11-22-10 09:28 PM
    thanks everyone
    11-22-10 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD