I upgraded to os 5 last night and I ran os 5 on my curve 8520 a few months ago. I like the os but one thing I dislike is the disappearance of my keyboard lock. I don't like this mute key business.

Is there an app or any way to get the * + "send" lock/unlock back on os 5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 04:46 PM
    Nope. That's the way it is right now.

Your option is to roll the device OS back to the previous version or just get used to the new functionality.
    07-20-10 04:49 PM
    add a password and the password lock icon will show

(if you dont have a password, its options>password)
    07-20-10 04:51 PM
    PW lock is the way to go, so much more secure
    07-20-10 05:39 PM
    can i create my own password by going to options? or is there a preset one by verizon / do i have to have someone at verizon do it?
    07-20-10 08:45 PM
    You create your own pw, you can set how many attempts there are as well before the device wipes.
    07-20-10 08:47 PM
    If you set a password, just make sure you know whether you are entering letters or numbers while entering it.
    07-20-10 09:05 PM
    If you set a password, just make sure you know whether you are entering letters or numbers while entering it.
    excellent point, it will show you whether you have caps or alt selected but it doesnt show the characters so just be careful
    07-20-10 09:07 PM
    If you are interested in an app Ultimate Lock is probably 3 of the best dollars you
    will ever spend on your BlackBerry (I have no affiliation to the developer)

The sheer number of configuration options embarrass the native password function.
    07-20-10 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD