Also remember Henry Ford's logic back in the 1920's when he said you could have any color Model T you want as long as it's black. RIM could easily release ONE new revision of an OS to all carriers when they deemed it fit for use for everyone. Instead, they listen to the various carriers, and get themselves in the deep stuff in the process, by trying to please too many masters IMHO.

Having said that, it is definitely the carriers that must pass judgment on any release and decide whether to deploy it to their suckers ... errr, customers. Every carrier has a different agenda and it is not always to provide the latest or best offering to you, their "loyal until I get a better deal" customer.

So maybe MTS in Mexico doesn't care if every freakin' feature is wide open and available for free on their network. They just want a version of the OS that seems to work "pretty good".

Verizon may agree with MTS that version 5.0.419 really is pretty good but you'll never get it from them because, for some strange reason, RIM saw fit to make the OS user-friendly enough to actually loosen Verizon's tenacious grip on your short-n-curlies a tad. And that, my friends, is a TOTALLY unacceptable OS!
    01-05-10 11:06 PM
    cool. glad you're satisfied.

put it this way... i just want to see action. i think the way i wrote my article was in a tone that should push for action - regardless of blame game. rim knows what they need to do. but everybody has been pointing fingers basically just at rim thinking it's all them... and that doesn't help speed up the process at all. getting people to realize it's not just on rim but on the carriers will hopefully get the carriers to realize there's tons of us waiting for os 5.0.
    Another thing that people need to keep in mind is that their own carrier's version of an OS might not even be the best performing one that is available. I'm running the new 5.0.0.411 from Bell. I'll probably try whatever next one is released. AT&T will have one eventually, but who knows if I'll like it. I only liked 4.6.0.304 on AT&T. Otherwise I used Vodafone UK or Rogers versions of other OS.
    01-05-10 11:21 PM
    Your a little late for the argument part of the thread just go through and check out where me and kevin have discussed the article in question, and that should more then satisfy you. As Kevin said in the thread which was my whole argument both parties are indeed at fault it just depends on what angle you want to view the problem from. He chose to write the topic the way he did to draw attention to the carriers, problem solved, also"you could stop moaning, and hurrying RIM" would not include I sense I own a 9700 Bold (gotta defend myself) just for the record.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What I referred to was your last post to Kevin when you settled it. You make a statement like that I have every right to respond to it whether it was directed at me or not.

And my "moaning" statement was referring to everyone in a general sense om CB. If you really took that personal I'm sorry that you weren't capable of realizing that.
    01-06-10 12:06 AM
    What I referred to was your last post to Kevin when you settled it. You make a statement like that-LIKE WHAT* I have every right to respond to it whether it was directed at me or not.

And my "moaning" statement was referring to everyone in a general sense om-IN* CB. If you really took that personal I'm sorry that you weren't capable of realizing that.
    Ok I respect your attempt at debating your case. Spell check is a great feature by the way, so spelling errors such as "OM" when you meant to spell "IN" are easily avoided. Don't ever take something so personally you lose the ability to effectively use your grammar correctly, and tools given to help you do this (your English teacher taught you better then that). I took it upon myself to make corrections in your last quote to help you along in future postings on crackberry.com.

P.S. NICE PHONE YOU HAVE THERE!

Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 01-06-10 at 06:52 AM.
    01-06-10 04:27 AM
    Ok I respect your attempt at debating your case. Spell check is a great feature by the way, so spelling errors such as "OM" when you meant to spell "IN" are easily avoided. Don't ever take something so personally you lose the ability to effectively use your grammar correctly, and tools given to help you do this (your English teacher taught you better then that). I took it upon myself to make corrections in your last quote to help you along in future postings on crackberry.com.

P.S. NICE PHONE YOU HAVE THERE!

First of all I mispelled "on", not "in." And if you're going to begin to bring in the grammar and spelling police Mr. Pot you'd be going to prison for life.
    01-06-10 10:10 AM
    lol ok i win, fun arguing though lets move on before this argument takes more of a spiral downhill towards our elementary days
    01-06-10 10:17 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD