Is there a way to view if there is an IT Policy set on a device running OS 5.0? I remember in OS 4.5 you could go to Options > Security Options > General Settings and see if/when an IT Policy was set on the device. That isn't there on OS 5.0...is there somewhere else this is viewable?

Thanks.
    04-29-10 08:26 PM
    In OS 4.7, you can go to Options / Status and type BUYR. You will get 2 or 3 lines added to your status. If the 3rd line says IT Policy: Enabled, then you are running one. It's worth trying to see if that works in 5.0.
    04-29-10 08:31 PM
    JeffH, I tried it and it does work, if you were curious
    04-29-10 08:41 PM
    What happens if its enabled or disabled. Mines says disable, just curious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 08:45 PM
    "Disabled" means you have either no IT policy controlling your device, or you have a default policy that places no restrictions. Either way, "disabled" is a less restrictive setting than "enabled." I don't know if it is possible to have no IT policy at all. I've always been a BES user, and have always had IT policy restrictions.
    04-29-10 09:09 PM
    My bold 9000 is unlocked so I think that's why

04-29-10 09:48 PM
    "Disabled" means you have either no IT policy controlling your device, or you have a default policy that places no restrictions. Either way, "disabled" is a less restrictive setting than "enabled." I don't know if it is possible to have no IT policy at all. I've always been a BES user, and have always had IT policy restrictions.
    Should a new device have no IT Policy show up in the status page at all. Does that mean when you have 'disabled' under IT Policy in the status page, it shows you had an IT policy at one point?

Can BIS people confirm this, to see if they see IT policy in their status page or not?
    04-29-10 11:14 PM
    My bold 9000 is unlocked so I think that's why

I dont think unlocking your BB creates an IT policy
    04-29-10 11:15 PM
    Oh I jus checked its only for BES users which the company or corporation sets up. And I have BIS and on my status page is says Disabled.

04-30-10 12:39 AM
    Also, under Options -> Security Options -> Information, it should give the IT Policy name and date
    04-30-10 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD