Remember just a year ago this was supposed to be a big deal from RIM?

No lag, smaller package so app memory would no longer be a problem, better browsing experience, and it was supposed to make it easier on developers - every phone has 5.0!

Seeing as they failed on ALL of these after putting a long time into developing OS 5 (it first leaked before the Storm1 even launched!)...what is your confidence in OS 6? Mine is very low...

Now the 9530 .685 drops in China...and the camera doesn't work! They released a phone without a working camera!!!

Their quality, once a strength, has been crap. The BB OS today is almost exactly the same as 18 months ago. So if OS 6 has any flaws, as all phone OS's do, how is RIM going to fix it? Do they have any new processes in place? How can we be assured their quality isn't going to be as awful as it's been the last few years?

You can release all the beta zones, developer blogs, and BES features you want, but your biggest flaw RIM is software development, and you've done very little to address it in the last few years. Disappointed.
    06-28-10 11:12 AM
    Feel better?
    06-28-10 11:18 AM
    Feel better?
    Never know who reads these forums, perhaps all the complaining is beneficial in the long run...
    06-28-10 11:23 AM
    I assure you, with the way these forums have gone in the last year, IF RIM people did read them for user feedback, they have stopped,
    06-28-10 11:30 AM
    If you don't like it then don't have a blackberry. Simple fix to the problem.
    06-28-10 11:37 AM
    You're complaining about an unofficial OS leak?
    06-28-10 11:38 AM
    Time to switch to iPhone4 then.
    06-28-10 11:39 AM
    I agree with the OP if RIM fails this time apple and android will be the winners for sure. Blackberrys are not just a business device anymore, more and more people use blackberrys everyday. This release will be do or die for rim IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 11:40 AM
    I agree with the OP if RIM fails this time apple and android will be the winners for sure. Blackberrys are not just a business device anymore, more and more people use blackberrys everyday. This release will be do or die for rim IMO.

Because businesses won't continue to use them?
    06-28-10 11:43 AM
    Because businesses won't continue to use them?
    well YA!! clearly if OS6 fails I have to throw my Tour and Curve in the trash and buy an Android cause they will stop working right?
    06-28-10 11:57 AM
    Totally agree with OP. It seems that with every OS update the OS becomes more unstable. 6.0 Will be nothing new but the same old recycled OS polished up. This is why I jumped ship to Android. They are LIGHT YEARS ahead of BB.
    06-28-10 11:57 AM
    Totally agree with OP. It seems that with every OS update the OS becomes more unstable. 6.0 Will be nothing new but the same old recycled OS polished up. This is why I jumped ship to Android. They are LIGHT YEARS ahead of BB.
    My Bold 9000 is running the latest official 5.0 release with .681 and it is still great for me. I will be getting the 9800 and will do so because I love BB and the iPhone and Android are pretty to show off but that is it!
    06-28-10 12:01 PM
    My Bold 9000 is running the latest official 5.0 release with .681 and it is still great for me. I will be getting the 9800 and will do so because I love BB and the iPhone and Android are pretty to show off but that is it!
    I really want the 9800 too! and it most certainly isn't pretty to show off, no ugly duckling but she isn't the head turner in the restaurant, but hopefully she'll break the bed.
    06-28-10 12:04 PM
    RIM biggest mistake was not handing out IQ tests to people that want to buy their phones
    06-28-10 12:05 PM
    I'm surprised no one has been quoting this like crazy. I mean come on, they SO failed with an unreleased OS. Right. How about they finish it first?

And yes I know it has been released in a couple of out-of-the-way countries but it's not prime time yet for most markets.
    06-28-10 12:35 PM
    RIM biggest mistake was not handing out IQ tests to people that want to buy their phones
    LMAO, that's a good one I'll have to remember.....

but oh so very true.
    06-28-10 12:54 PM
    +1 on the IQ tests...so very true.
    06-28-10 12:59 PM
    Yeah, what low intelligence to be complaining about the worst browser in the business!

It's not an official OS in the states, but the fact that a) they're producing broken OS's and b) they thought this was good enough to release is revealing.

06-28-10 01:25 PM
    Good point! Thanks!
    06-28-10 01:35 PM
    I always imagine these rants in a drama queen voice...
    06-28-10 01:36 PM
    This is why I jumped ship to Android. They are LIGHT YEARS ahead of BB.
    In terms of what? What exactly does an android phone do (as far as everyday usefulness) that a BB can't? Oh, I know, its battery dies after a few hours of use. Yeah, that's light years ahead.
    06-28-10 01:41 PM
    Yeah, what low intelligence to be complaining about the worst browser in the business!

It's not an official OS in the states, but the fact that a) they're producing broken OS's and b) they thought this was good enough to release is revealing.

It's not official anywhere, it's a leak. Leak would imply "not released".
    06-28-10 01:44 PM
    In terms of what? What exactly does an android phone do (as far as everyday usefulness) that a BB can't? Oh, I know, its battery dies after a few hours of use. Yeah, that's light years ahead.
    Have you ever touched an Android device? Better app support, reliable browser, no memory leaks, folder support for emails, OS updates that actually fix problems...

I really want to stick with BB but they are making it tough...

06-28-10 01:50 PM
    Have you ever touched an Android device? Better app support, reliable browser, no memory leaks, folder support for emails, OS updates that actually fix problems...

I really want to stick with BB but they are making it tough...

Then why are you crying about it here, why haven't you bought one yet.

Let me ask this as well, did you NOT research your phone before purchasing?

Did you not have 30 days from purchase to return the phone for something else.

My dad and I got the S1 on a BOGO offer in March of last year, dad went thru 6 phones by the time S2 was released and was able to get another BOGO offer with the S2 due to the amount of trouble he had, I never had any problems with mine outside of the OS updates, of course there were many leaks like this one that had "flaws" but they were leaks and not meant for use to anyone actually. I do hear what you saying about RIM stepping to the plate, I agree it's getting a little old, but I upped mine to the S2 with dad's BOGO and couldn't be happier. Sure a little more "Wow factor" would be nice, but all the other things people are complaining about are already in the works.
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 06-28-10 at 02:14 PM. Reason: grammar
    06-28-10 02:12 PM
    I've touched an android device. I've used several. Dating back to the G1, the Mytouch 3G, the Hero, and the Droid. Your wrong on the memory leaks and updates that fix things. They have memory leaks and sometimes the updates make things worse just like every other device on the planet. I agree with you on the folders in the email and while the browser should get better with OS6, in my opinion it isn't as bad as it's made out to be currently. Anyway, I guess my point is that the statements made in these arguments are always extreme. Every OS has it's little bugs and issues and you just need to find the one you like the best. I think you should get an android phone because it sure sounds like that is what you want. There, problem solved.
    06-28-10 02:13 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD