Aside from browser tabs, has anyone running 5.0 or later firmware noticed any substantial changes in the behavior and performance of the native Internet Browser on the 5.0 OS?

I personally use the Storm, but I'm interested in what Bold and 8900 users have to say, too, since I'm sure any salient changes on those devices are likely to show up on a future 5.0 build for all BBs

Thanks, folks!
    07-27-09 10:41 AM

watch out for those unapproved OS's
    I wouldnt know what kind of glitches it might cause... it does "glitch" out your warrenty I know that.
    Other than that I havent been brave enough to put anything higher than the highest 4.7 on a storm. A 5.0 OS for all berries would be nice though...
    I hope RIM gets a move on with that. Its the carriers you have to worry about.
    07-27-09 10:45 AM
    5.0.0.140 is pretty stable, HOWEVER there are 3rd Party app issues. Most of these will be resolved when 5.0 becomes official and the Vendors update their apps. I did notice 1 pretty annoying bug thou, the security check will sometimes get stuck and require a 2nd pull to resolve. It does not happen often, but it IS annoying. Memory management is as good as 151, which is GREAT!
    07-27-09 10:50 AM
    Thanks for the opinions guys, but I'm really JUST looking for comments about improvements to the native web browser. There are dozens of threads about apps not working and other minutia.

I want some data on the BROWSER improvements, please!
    07-28-09 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD