Cany anybody help as i am confused . I am a uk user on the orange network how do i get os 4.5 is it an upgrade?
    I have spoken to orange and they say you get it from blackberry but when i looked on blackberry.com it only lists up to v 4.3. thanks in advance
    07-02-08 03:11 AM
    Hi, I am an orange UK user also. OS 4.5 is NOT out yet on orange neither is it released yet officially by RIM. There some unofficial versions floating around and I think vodafone germany have it to but you only use this if you remove the vendor.xml file from your blackberry i.e. de - orange your Blackberry.

Personally I will be waiting for the official version which can be found on the blackberry site you have been looking at, I just check it nown again for updates.

RIM recently announced September as the date OS 4.5 will be released but I cant see it being that long, I think that just means EVERYBODY will have it BY September, really I think it's going to come down to individual carriers as to when you can expect your carriers official OS upgrade, unfortunately that does not look good for us as Orange UK are not the fastest at updates new hansets etc tec

Hope this helps you
    07-02-08 04:43 AM
    Thanks for the info , i think i will wait for the official version. I to agree that orange dont seem that great with updates etc. Shame i am stuck with them for 18 months .
    07-02-08 05:08 AM
    Yeah they are not the best carrier but not all that bad.

18 month contract - cant hold that against them its pretty much standard now if you want a decent tarriff
    customer services - mmmmm had good and bad experiences, can imagine it would be much different anywhere else
    New products and handsets - sloooooooooow and terrible!!
    Tariifs - not the best but not the worst
    Coverage - excellent!!
    07-02-08 05:17 AM
    Coverage - excellent!!

Not in Scotland, its shocking how bad the coverge still is up here on Orange.
    07-02-08 05:45 AM
    Orange covergage not tht great in liverpool either.
    07-03-08 04:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD