The only thing Os 10 is missing is the large app library that android has.

My opinion (don't hate)
    Click Like if you Agree!

If you closely compare the two operating systems you will quickly see that BlackBerry 10 os is much better in quality than Android. Android seems to have a lot of dead ends and way too many redundancies that lead to confusion as to what is the best method of user access.

Why should you put Apps icons on your home screen pages when there is an app drawer or main app icon that has all the apps and widgets.

Seems like a massive redundancy to have this all over the place, in comparison os 10 is neat and fluid and isn't cluttered with widgets and apps and pages full of same stuff.

Even windows 8 and 8.1 seems much more organized than Android.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:55 PM
    Some may disagree and I hope they do sir in a nice (at lost for a better word cause of sleepiness and hunger lol) way,but I agree!

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Last edited by SirJes; 01-03-14 at 10:16 PM.
    smart548 likes this.
    01-03-14 09:58 PM

My opinion (don't hate)
    Click Like if you Agree!

If you closely compare the two operating systems you will quickly see that BlackBerry 10 os is much better in quality than Android. Android seems to have a lot of dead ends and way too many redundancies that lead to confusion as to what is the best method of user access.

Why should you put Apps icons on your home screen pages when there is an app drawer or main app icon that has all the apps and widgets.

Seems like a massive redundancy to have this all over the place, in comparison os 10 is neat and fluid and isn't cluttered with widgets and apps and pages full of same stuff.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    Redundant like a phone icon and having the phone app minimize to an active panel or redundant like having text and bbm in the hub and having their own icons or redundant like being able to access the hub by swiping and through an icon?
    Troy Tiscareno and jezreel like this.
    01-03-14 10:13 PM
    I have BBOS, bb10, Android and wp8. All are good, as I said before it is the user, NOT the platform.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    01-03-14 10:18 PM
    Redundant like a phone icon and having the phone app minimize to an active panel or redundant like having text and bbm in the hub and having their own icons or redundant like being able to access the hub by swiping and through an icon?
    Two there can be fixed, text and hub, by deleting, the icons. Which you can do from the get go,

Not saying it's redundant, it is, but just letting you know incase u didn't try it.

01-03-14 10:19 PM
    I have BBOS, bb10, Android and wp8. All are good, as I said before it is the user, NOT the platform.

Truth, but I still rather BB10 overall lol, anything I'm falling back on its going to be wp8 though, lumia ofc, nokias are tanks that's why lol

smart548 likes this.
    01-03-14 10:20 PM
    Truth, but I still rather BB10 overall lol, anything I'm falling back on its going to be wp8 though, lumia ofc, nokias are tanks that's why lol

Yeah me too, just finding the note better to work with when it comes to doing moderating etc

SirJes likes this.
    01-03-14 10:22 PM
    Dude doesn't understand the Hub. Also, do you think punctuation is redundant?
    mrzeolite likes this.
    01-03-14 11:13 PM
    I know that BlackBerry 10 as the potential of being the top OS on the market. There's a few things I want to make that happen. Such as return of all BBOS features excluding BIS, landscape mode across home screen. A better active frame system with customization. Like pinning a app in a certain position. When scrolling down to the 5th app it should show the other 2 above it etc...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    TgeekB, kbz1960, Toodeurep and 1 others like this.
    01-03-14 11:19 PM
    BBOS 10 is a great and reliable mobile OS. I use it mainly for work and messaging. Even with the leaks I haven't had much issues with it. Honestly though, I don't see a reason or the need to trash another mobile OS just to prove BBOS is great.
    01-04-14 12:02 AM
    Its all about the user.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-04-14 01:29 AM
    No offense OP but u seem to have something against Android between this and the thread u started about the file management system lol.

Don't get me wrong, I love BB10 but u seem to take the options that android gives it's users and spin it as a negative. People can set up android however they like while BB10 really gives u no customization options. Nothing necessarily wrong with the BB10 way but I don't think many are gonna complain about having choice either

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 01:32 AM
    I have recently had the displeasure of working with a samsung galaxy S4 and i can now say with a bit of experience that android and this particular phone deserve its bad reputation.

I agree with there being redundancys, like having a back button on screen as well as a physical back button, 4 different ways to get into the main settings(one finger swipe from top, double finger swipe from top, dedicated menu button, and long press on home button), and im sure there are many more.

Its not a bad OS, its just not consistent from phone to phone, and its endless settings and customization make it nearly impossible to setup one phone up the same as a friends for example without putting some serious time in.

In one word, if i could describe BlackBerry OS10 to Android i would say its more basic, there are half the settings and features, no glitz or glamour of moving backgrounds and special effects, its much more industrial with specific purpose of design rather than a smashup up of everything you could possibly need or want with a bit of lipstick and pretty colors to attract people.

The OP is correct, but for him and I its true, BlackBerry 10 is better in every way we use a phone.. for others this is not the case what so ever, other people who are used to android would never downgrade to the rigid and boring in comparison blackberry 10 OS when they are used to everything android offers on other phones.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    01-04-14 01:32 AM
    So choice = bad now. Listen folks some people are going to love taking time and setting up their android the way they want it and some other people will turn the android device on and not mess with a setting through their contract. But the important thing to remember is that it is the users choice to do so they either can set it up the way they want or use the out of the box experience in which I have seen on many android phones.

Or you could go the iPhone, wp8, or BB way and have zero choice. Its not that one is better from the other its all personal preference and these forum posts are getting out of hand. No matter how you put it one way isn't better than the other. It all comes down to what the user likes. You do have to realize tho that Android being open has brought a ton of competition among the mobile space.

01-04-14 01:44 AM
    I fully agree with op! I have a heart attack when I use my wife's android! Looool

I do sport a Sony go as a secondary phone, but I love that device due to it being ip67 great for the beach, skiing or music under the shower!

And app selection is insane!

But bb10 feels soo easy to use and soo fluid iand so effective I just love it, we'll actually I love the potential! Plenty needed but still love it!

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku and nt300 like this.
    01-04-14 02:01 AM
    So choice = bad now. Listen folks some people are going to love taking time and setting up their android the way they want it and some other people will turn the android device on and not mess with a setting through their contract. But the important thing to remember is that it is the users choice to do so they either can set it up the way they want or use the out of the box experience in which I have seen on many android phones.

Or you could go the iPhone, wp8, or BB way and have zero choice. Its not that one is better from the other its all personal preference and these forum posts are getting out of hand. No matter how you put it one way isn't better than the other. It all comes down to what the user likes. You do have to realize tho that Android being open has brought a ton of competition among the mobile space.

Nobody said choice =bad... where are you getting this ?? this is a crackberry forum. With emphasis on BlackBerry....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-04-14 02:25 AM

My opinion (don't hate)
    Click Like if you Agree!

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    I use BlackBerry and Android on daily basis and imo, BB10 is better organised but Android is more open to customisation.

Android isn't a total mess but often things don't work the way you expect - Google are improving things.

Most operating systems have their inconsistencies.
    Last edited by CJH_; 01-04-14 at 05:58 AM.
    TgeekB and Elite1 like this.
    01-04-14 02:39 AM
    Wait I'm in the blackberry forum? This post is pointless and the OP continues to have something against android which is exactly what that post from Kevin was about wasn't it? What's the point of calling out android in this post? Why wouldn't the OP just say that one of the reasons he like loves BB is because it feels consistent throughout the OS? Why would he play the BB is great while (BLANK) is bad? To me that is a post where he wants to attract combative posts which is exactly the opposite of what Kevin's post is about. Between this post and his previous one's he seems to want a negative reaction from people. I just wanted to say different strokes for different folks

avt123, Saiga, m1a1mg and 20 others like this.
    01-04-14 02:43 AM
    The Z10 lags. Laggy lag lag. When it runs it's amazing. When it lags (and I'm talking about 5 to 20 second pauses, jams, glitches etc) it's terrible.

Every app does it. But I find the browser is the worst. Do I have a faulty phone that needs to be replaced? Maybe. But doubt it. I'm running 10.2. Plus I'm past the warranty so I'm stuck with this slab for another 2 years come Feb. (got this on day 0).

I'm yearning to play with an Android some more. It's infuriating how much lag I deal with on this phone.

In short: no, android is still better.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 09:25 AM
    The Z10 lags. Laggy lag lag. When it runs it's amazing. When it lags (and I'm talking about 5 to 20 second pauses, jams, glitches etc) it's terrible.

Every app does it. But I find the browser is the worst. Do I have a faulty phone that needs to be replaced? Maybe. But doubt it. I'm running 10.2. Plus I'm past the warranty so I'm stuck with this slab for another 2 years come Feb. (got this on day 0).

I'm yearning to play with an Android some more. It's infuriating how much lag I deal with on this phone.

In short: no, android is still better.

Posted via CB10
    What OS exactly are you on. I have only experienced lag on older leaks. 575 in particular. Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 is pretty smooth.

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    01-04-14 09:30 AM
    Wait I'm in the blackberry forum? This post is pointless and the OP continues to have something against android which is exactly what that post from Kevin was about wasn't it? What's the point of calling out android in this post? Why wouldn't the OP just say that one of the reasons he like loves BB is because it feels consistent throughout the OS? Why would he play the BB is great while (BLANK) is bad? To me that is a post where he wants to attract combative posts which is exactly the opposite of what Kevin's post is about. Between this post and his previous one's he seems to want a negative reaction from people. I just wanted to say different strokes for different folks

I have lots of things against android, being a previous user I find that google and every single app you download stealing your data infuriating. Additionally, the OS is cluttered, disconnected from its major components, has major redundancies, is extremely disorganized and has many loose ends. There's eight different ways of doing the exact same thing.

This ofcours is my opinion based on my experience with android. BB10 os is much better quality in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku and nt300 like this.
    01-04-14 09:31 AM
    I have lots of things against android, being a previous user I find that google and every single app you download stealing your data infuriating. Additionally, the OS is cluttered, disconnected from its major components, has major redundancies, is extremely disorganized and has many loose ends. There's eight different ways of doing the exact same thing.

This ofcours is my opinion based on my experience with android. BB10 os is much better quality in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    For a guy who uses a blackberry, you seem to be far too invested with Android. Since Android is in your past, why not leave it there and enjoy your blackberry? Even though you are an ex-user, you keep talking about how Android infuriates you. Has Android reached new level of influence/popularity where it affects non-users as well?
    avt123, m1a1mg, kbz1960 and 13 others like this.
    01-04-14 09:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    You realize you are going out of your way to bash a product on a BlackBerry forum that isn't a BlackBerry, while at the same time, you have another thread bashing the same exact product?

You almost bash Android in every post you make.

People like choice and they like the freedom of Android. All major mobile OSs besides Android lock you down and limit customization. Every Android user I know loves the customization and loves being able to make their device "theirs".

Who cares if there are several ways of doing something? There is choice, and you can always just choose the most efficient way for you.

I am happy you believe BB10 is the higher quality OS and it is working better for you. There are many of us here who own them all (a device from each top OS) and have not come to the same conclusion, but see the potential.
    01-04-14 09:51 AM
    What OS exactly are you on. I have only experienced lag on older leaks. 575 in particular. Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 is pretty smooth.

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    STL100-3 / 10.2.0.429. No leaks. I don't trust myself to do it properly. The kicker is, when I updated I left my media card in (encrypted) and now it won't read the darn thing. And I had so many photos and videos I took on my trips there. That's was my fault though I guess.

Ps. It lagged trying to swipe between CB10 to settings to get down the phone info for this post.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 09:53 AM
    Since when is it bashing to point out inefficiencies, inadequacies and faults during a opinion based comparison between two products that I have used?

You may not like it, but everyone does it against blackberry all the time .

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku and ian8206 like this.
    01-04-14 09:54 AM
202 123 ...