Hey everyone, I need a little help for a paper I have to write for a final. The class is Social and Political Philosophy and the topic for the paper is:
    -Take some item that you own-your favorite shirt, a pair of shoes, your computer or iPod-and trace it's origins as far as you can. Where is it made and by whom under what conditions. Using either Rawls, Marx, or Yound assess whether the conditions of production and purchase are just or unjust.
    I decided to use my blackberry as the item of choice. I can't seem to find anything on the origins of the parts of a cell phone, especially Blackberry. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks for the help
    12-08-09 03:32 PM
    by the way, I have an 8330 model from Verizon Wireless. On the inside of the phone it said made in Mexico. Any other information that could point me in the direction of where the individual parts are manufactured would be greatly appreciated. And remember, you can feel good about yourself for helping further the education of an aspiring young college student looking for his place in the world....
    12-08-09 05:03 PM
    The Blackberry assembly works like any other phone assembly, with a large assembling team the parts come from many different factories.

But the actual assembly comes down to these 3 basic steps:

1) Manufacturing the parts
    2) Assembling the phones
    3) Packaging the phones in boxes

Each one of these entail a long list of steps.
    LOL, I believe OP finished his homework about two years ago.
    03-11-12 02:48 PM
    LOL, I believe OP finished his homework about two years ago.
    I find it funny how a thread that is two years old get revived on crackberry. I have seen few around here...

But to add something useful to this thread, depend on legal conditions in each country, how the Made in label is posted varies. For example, if over 60% of products came from Canada, you can place a label stating Made in Canada while in some parts of the world, the actually assembly must be done in that country in order to label Made in XYC.

All the best.
    03-11-12 02:54 PM
    lol, i believe op finished his homework about two years ago.
    :d :d :d :d :d
    03-11-12 07:20 PM
    This is FUNNY......LMAO!!!!
    03-11-12 07:27 PM
    He better, unless it was a case study with an expan of 3-4 years!
    03-11-12 08:11 PM
    911 we have a case of thread grave digging
    03-11-12 10:08 PM
    The Blackberry assembly works like any other phone assembly, with a large assembling team the parts come from many different factories.

But the actual assembly comes down to these 3 basic steps:

1) Manufacturing the parts
    2) Assembling the phones
    3) Packaging the phones in boxes

Each one of these entail a long list of steps.
    Hahahahahahhahahahahahah
    Hahhahahahahahahahah.....
    LMAO
    (�O�)
    Last edited by husainpatan; 03-14-12 at 01:01 AM.
    03-12-12 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD