Not quite sure where to put this so thought I'd try here. My music collection is a mess. Over the years it has ended up all over the place and I'd like to make it neat and tidy.

When I look at my SD card via my laptop computer I see my BB10 mapped to Y: and X: drives with Y: being the SD card and Z: being the device memory. So far so easy. When I look into Y: I have a bunch of folders such as BlackBerry, Books, Camera etc, and towards the middle of the list is Music. However not all the music is in there. If I open the Blackberry folder, there is another level of folders and once again there is Music.

The first level folder contains 664MB of music (about 250 files) which is less than I thought given the number of folders in there.
    The second level folder contains 4.2GB of music (about 1300 files) of which 3.7GB of music (about 1150 tracks) is actually in yet another (3rd level) folder called 'media sync'.

When I look in the Z: drive, which is device memory, there is another music folder which contains 1.5GB of music (230 files).

It's all over the place.

Does anyone with knowledge of stuff like this have a suggestion as to where the best place to put it all actually is? I sync with iTunes, but suspect the mess is due to importing stuff from my previous Bold 9900 which was a similar mess. Would I be better off to just wipe the lot and start again by syncing with iTunes? Or should I try and be clever and move stuff around? Or is trying to move stuff around a recipe for disaster?

I am very grateful for any sensible advice.

Whitbags
    02-07-13 02:04 AM
    Cut and paste it all to one place
    02-07-13 02:36 AM
    Cut and paste it all to one place
    +1 I keep all my music files (2795) in the music folder on the SD card. Very simple to manage and works well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-07-13 03:09 AM
    Since sd cards are so cheap the sensible approach seems to be to put all your music on there as we still haven't had any reports of whether or not apps can do anything to use space on the sd card too, so in the meantime it makes more sense to leave the internal memory for them.
    02-07-13 03:28 AM
    Yeah. Just put it on the sd card especially if you have alot. Just cut and paste it as stated above.
    02-07-13 03:48 AM
    Cheers people. I'll do it tonight. Just ordered a 64GB card off Amazon; my ickle 8GB card is full.
    02-07-13 10:38 AM