I plan to order my Bold through Verizon and have it shipped to my house. Only problem is my work hours are insane during the week from 7am-7pm

how can I get passed not having to sign for the phone and just have Fed-Ex just drop it off on at the front of the house or something?? Is there a way? No ones home to sign for it

what do you guys normally do when you expect a package that needs to be signed when no ones home?
    05-29-10 07:19 PM
    Have it shipped to my work place. Enjoy the Bold!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 07:29 PM
    Have it shipped to my work place. Enjoy the Bold!!

lol I'll get right on that

seriously though, when you order it, is there a way to tell Verizon to change the shipping to 'no signature required"?
    05-29-10 07:31 PM
    Last time I had that problem I had them hold the package at the nearby FedEx facility until I could pick it up. Many of the them are open after hours for pickup if you are in an urban area.
    05-29-10 07:35 PM
    Last time I had that problem I had them hold the package at the nearby FedEx facility until I could pick it up. Many of the them are open after hours for pickup if you are in an urban area.
    you just had them ship it to the Fed-Ex store? They didnt try to deliver to your house first?
    05-29-10 07:39 PM
    I'm fairly sure you can leave something on the door and tell them to leave it at a certain spot, or leave it with a neighbor. There should be something that you can click on to explain it via the FedEx tracking page because I remember looking at it when I ordered my Tour. I could totally be wrong though, so shipping it to your work might be easiest.
    05-29-10 07:55 PM
    Fedex has this "pre-sign" feature or something now, where you print a signature form off of fedex.com and tape it to your door. The driver takes the form and leaves the package wherever you specify. Not sure what exactly it's called, but i'm sure you'll find it on the website or by calling fedex customer service.
    Last edited by PHLJJS; 05-29-10 at 11:25 PM.
    05-29-10 08:01 PM
    Fedex has this "pre-sign" feature or something now, where you print a signature form off of fedex.com and tape it to your door. The driver takes the form and leaves the package wherever you specify. Not sure hat exactly it's called, but i'm sure you'll find it on the website or by calling fedex customer service.
    wow really?! good news! thanks for the information!!!
    05-29-10 08:12 PM
    My FedEx guy told me to just leave a signed note on the door saying its ok to leave it

05-29-10 08:13 PM
    I had mine shipped to my job. No problems...
    05-29-10 08:29 PM
    if they try to deliver it and no one is home to sign for it, they will most likely leave a not letting you know they were there. On the note there will be a box that will say something about leaving the package and fedex not being responsible if it is stolen. just check the box and leave it on your door
    05-29-10 08:33 PM
    If you can get the tracking number, it will help that much more, but as others have said, just leave a signed note as to where you want the package left .
    05-29-10 08:48 PM
    yes, like others have been saying, there is a pre-sign form you can download, print, and sign that you can stick on your door. When I ordered software from Apple.com, even though it was like $40, they required a signature from fedex. But I printed that sign out and they just left it at the door. Pretty cool. It looks like you need to do it via fedex's webpage.
    05-29-10 08:49 PM
    What's your address? Leave a key under the mat for me and I'll leave it already charging on your kitchen counter for when you get home. ;/

05-29-10 09:23 PM
    you can leave a written note with your signature asking they leave it at the door. I have done that many times and also with a Verizon delivery.

Fed EX
    this is my written authorization to leave package from Verizon at my door
    thank you

and then sign your name !

or if you have a neighbor who will be home ask it be delivered to them
    05-29-10 09:27 PM
    I always had packages shipped to my workplace, not my apartment. I did not even need to sign for them at work. The shipping clerks took care of that and personally delivered my packages to me at my desk.
    05-29-10 09:28 PM
    lol I'll get right on that

seriously though, when you order it, is there a way to tell Verizon to change the shipping to 'no signature required"?
    Oh sorry, what was funny about that, I was serious.

05-30-10 03:53 PM
    I'll just add another to the "Just leave FedEx a signed note" chorus. I've done that a couple of times and it usually works (sometimes they don't leave the package and leave their "we tired to deliver your package" notice).
    05-30-10 06:19 PM
    I called Fed-Ex this morning and this is what they told me..

if the package needs a "Direct signature" someone needs to be home regardless to sign for it"

if the package needs a 'Indirect signature" i could leave a note signed and the Fed-Ex driver will leave it at the door

so does anyone know when Verizon ships these phones out if the package needs a 'Direct, or Indirect Signature"?
    05-31-10 08:03 AM
    All of the phones I have had shipped FedEx have been indirect signature.
    05-31-10 09:42 AM
    I have lefted signed and dated notes telling fed-ex to leave the package for several replacedment devices from verizon...
    05-31-10 10:28 AM
    Fedex has this "pre-sign" feature or something now, where you print a signature form off of fedex.com and tape it to your door. The driver takes the form and leaves the package wherever you specify. Not sure what exactly it's called, but i'm sure you'll find it on the website or by calling fedex customer service.

I have received computers, monitors, etc shipped via FedEx, all I do is type up a short note that has the tracking number, I usually include any other pertinent reference info, asking them to please accept my signature at the bottom of the note as my having signed their device in person. It works almost every time. I think the only time it didn't work the driver didn't look up to eye level to see the note tapped to the window next to the door.

Your "New Born" should be waiting on your doorstep!!!

I've had several FedEx drivers tell me that this is perfectly acceptable to them.

Enjoy your new Bold, hope I can wrangle one very soon. I'm a long way from NE2.
    Last edited by BoDeb; 05-31-10 at 10:33 AM.
    05-31-10 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD