https://www.androidcentral.com/court...va-android?amp

So, my question is: Would Blackberry have remained relevant and viable with BB10 if the lawsuit between Oracle and Google been concluded earlier?

If this had settled earlier, could the outcome have potentially made Android more expensive to purchase for phone manufacturers? I would think so. I'm not so sure if it would have been enough to abandon the platform, but it may have given Blackberry an opportunity to success with BB10. I still believe BB10 in it's latest iteration to be miles ahead of the competition. The primary issue was the dwindling of app support.

I'm certainly not a fan of Oracle or Ellison - they are consistently greedy and brassy by my books.
    03-27-18 03:52 PM
    nah. Google would just have settled earlier. That far back it wouldn't have cost as much as it will now.
    03-27-18 04:39 PM
    Seriously, this has really been beaten to death, flogged past the point of revival.

I think it's a bit simplistic to state that "the primary issue was the dwindling of app support". Before that point I think that the amount of money that BB had sunk into BB10 software and hardware had doomed the effort.

Certainly, the app support didn't make anything any better.
    03-27-18 04:47 PM
    BB10 was years late in terms of being a competitive entry. It was down to Apple and Android years before BB10 was released.
    03-27-18 05:32 PM
    Does BB10 support Java?
    03-27-18 06:03 PM
    Java as in Android..? Yes, if that's your question... :-)

•   Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - I guess my Passport says ... ;-))   •
    03-27-18 07:50 PM
    Java as in Android..? Yes, if that's your question... :-)

•   Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - I guess my Passport says ... ;-))   •
    Does it support Java in the Way Sun was suing Google? I'm guessing no, b/c no Java development on the bb10 platform...that all occurred on Android - Amazon//Google, maybe just machine code/ message call compatible with the android java compiled apps is all ? what are they apk's, and those are bytecode or compiled code? I think compiled, no?
    04-01-18 06:36 AM