05-05-17 11:14 PM
    I'd say the sub ₹40K handset launching next month will be the KEYone

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 11:24 PM
    TCL has a license from BlackBerry to make the KEYone, but they aren't licensed to sell it in the Indian market.
    05-05-17 11:41 PM
    I'd say the sub ₹40K handset launching next month will be the KEYone

Posted via CB10
    I got the same feeling! Coz if they are launching as soon as next month, there would have been some kind of leaks by now. So I assume it's gonna be the KEYone. Even the Onlymobiles.com website price of the KEYone falls in line for sub ₹40k category.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 12:02 AM
    TCL has a license from BlackBerry to make the KEYone, but they aren't licensed to sell it in the Indian market.
    BlackBerry had mentioned on the Inside BlackBerry blogs that they will work with the other partners to bring the phones to other parts of the world.
    So optiemus may very well just import the KEYone from TCL. No reason why TCL would mind that.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 01:52 AM
    BlackBerry had mentioned on the Inside BlackBerry blogs that they will work with the other partners to bring the phones to other parts of the world.
    So optiemus may very well just import the KEYone from TCL. No reason why TCL would mind that.
    BlackBerry has given Optiemus an exclusive license to manufacture and sell BlackBerry branded phones in India.

That leaves TCL out of the smartphone business in India, just like they cannot sell or make phones such as the Aurora in Indonesia.
    05-06-17 08:55 AM
    BlackBerry has given Optiemus an exclusive license to manufacture and sell BlackBerry branded phones in India.

That leaves TCL out of the smartphone business in India, just like they cannot sell or make phones such as the Aurora in Indonesia.
    I am not saying TCL will sell the KEYone in India. It will very much be optiemus who will import and distribute the phone. For TCL it will be just like selling the phone to a retailer.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 09:02 AM
    I am not saying TCL will sell the KEYone in India. It will very much be optiemus who will import and distribute the phone. For TCL it will be just like selling the phone to a retailer.
    We don't know all the details of BlackBerry's license with Optiemus, but I doubt it includes the option to import BlackBerry branded devices from other manufacturers.

Like the BB Merah Putith deal, the intention is clearly to license phones to be built and sold locally for the local market only.

BlackBerry no doubt gets a royalty payment for each device sold, so more lower priced sales will bring in more revenue for BlackBerry than fewer higher priced sales.
    05-06-17 09:13 AM
    We don't know all the details of BlackBerry's license with Optiemus, but I doubt it includes the option to import BlackBerry branded devices from other manufacturers.

Like the BB Merah Putith deal, the intention is clearly to license phones to be built and sold locally for the local market only.

BlackBerry no doubt gets a royalty payment for each device sold, so more lower priced sales will bring in more revenue for BlackBerry than fewer higher priced sales.
    Obviously we don't know the details, but all the facts as of now point towards the fact that optiemus will import the KEYone and sell it in India.
    They will ofcourse manufacture and sell a lower priced phone as well (the sub ₹20K phone). BlackBerry is winning both ways.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-06-17 09:21 AM
    Obviously we don't know the details, but all the facts as of now point towards the fact that optiemus will import the KEYone and sell it in India.
    They will ofcourse manufacture and sell a lower priced phone as well (the sub ₹20K phone). BlackBerry is winning both ways.
    I'm not clear how wishful thinking and speculation based on speculation becomes fact based on fact.
    05-06-17 09:35 AM
    I'm not clear how wishful thinking and speculation based on speculation becomes fact based on fact.
    I'd take these as facts

Optiemus Infracom Limited confirms new BlackBerry phone incoming in June-img_20170506_211156.png

Optiemus Infracom Limited confirms new BlackBerry phone incoming in June-mockit_06052017211035.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 10:42 AM
    So then Optiemus said on their website that they will be selling the KEYone?
    05-06-17 10:48 AM
    So then Optiemus said on their website that they will be selling the KEYone?
    This isn't optiemus's website but another retailer who was also the first to have the DTEK50 & 60 in India.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 11:01 AM
    This isn't optiemus's website but another retailer who was also the first to have the DTEK50 & 60 in India.
    So then Optiemus has not confirmed anything about the KEYone, but an independent retail website plans to sell it in India?
    05-06-17 12:38 PM
    So then Optiemus has not confirmed anything about the KEYone, but an independent retail website plans to sell it in India?
    Yes there has been no confirmation from Optiemus.
    But they said they are releasing a sub ₹40K handset next month which can be assumed on a reasonable basis to be the KEYone

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 01:10 PM
    Yes there has been no confirmation from Optiemus.
    But they said they are releasing a sub ₹40K handset next month which can be assumed on a reasonable basis to be the KEYone.
    I would expect that since Optiemus is in the business of making as much profit as possible, they would be releasing a standard slab device something more like the DTEK60 rather than a niche market device like the KEYone.
    05-06-17 01:19 PM
    I would expect that since Optiemus is in the business of making as much profit as possible, they would be releasing a standard slab device something more like the DTEK60 rather than a niche market device like the KEYone.
    From what I saw the DTEK60 or 50 hardly sold.
    A keyboard device will be niche would definitely sell more because it's still what people associate BlackBerry with and why they buy one.
    And if it would be a slab, there would have been some sort of leaks by now I would assume.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 01:21 PM
    From what I saw the DTEK60 or 50 hardly sold.
    A keyboard device will be niche would definitely sell more because it's still what people associate BlackBerry with and why they buy one.
    And if it would be a slab, there would have been some sort of leaks by now I would assume.
    The Economic Times Article says that the two BlackBerry devices being released by Optiemus in June and July will "will be manufactured in Optiemus’ own plant" in India.
    05-06-17 01:40 PM
    I want to know it they will be PKB phones or all-touch phones.
    05-09-17 08:13 AM
    I want to know it they will be PKB phones or all-touch phones.
    We aren't hearing much about the Aurora... other than it's overpriced for the market.

I doubt Optiemus can do any better..... in the end only a PKB form factor can differentiate a BlackBerry device in a way that would justify the price. Granted some enterprise users will value what can be accomplished with both the hardware and BlackBerry's Management software.
    05-09-17 08:38 AM
    05-10-17 09:02 AM
    http://phoneradar.com/exclusive-upgr...unch-in-india/

Things are now looking up!
    Posted via CB10
    Nice, better spec too if true
    05-10-17 09:08 AM
    Nice, better spec too if true
    Yes hopefully its true.
    More than that I am just happy there is some sort of evidence that the KEYone is coming to India
    But what I don't understand is how can Optiemus build their own KEYone. Won't TCL object? Or since it was designed by BlackBerry then can give it to optiemus as well?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 09:30 AM
    It looks like that particular design (since it's from BBRY) can be used by any OEM who licenses.

I'm guessing that it will not be called the Keyone.
    05-10-17 09:41 AM
    Yes hopefully its true.
    More than that I am just happy there is some sort of evidence that the KEYone is coming to India
    But what I don't understand is how can Optiemus build their own KEYone. Won't TCL object? Or since it was designed by BlackBerry then can give it to optiemus as well?

Posted via CB10
    It could easily be a cross-agreement too. TCL may be providing the design for a fee, or it could be some type of sub-licence.
    05-10-17 10:03 AM
69 123