Ok so here's the deal. I am having some issues with my curve 8530. Roaming, password keeper, some freezing. I had called about a week ago about the roaming and we took all the steps needed. Well I chalked it up to just the bb not having great service like my cheap phone had. Well I noticed the other night that I was in a continuous roam mode where as my husband and son weren't, same phones we all have and carrier.

So sprint just offered to send me a refurb since I'm having these issues. I explained my concern with a refurb since my phone is only a couple of months old. We are now whiping my phone and she believes this will resolve my issues. I wanted to know what ya's think? Sorry for the length.
    07-07-10 03:36 PM
  2. T
    Will you restore from a backup or from scratch? And what's the issue your experiencing with password keeper? Just curious ...
    07-07-10 03:44 PM
    Don't worry about the Referb, a lot of referbs are actually new phones returned in the 30 day window.
    07-07-10 03:44 PM
    We are currently restoring the phone as if it would be brand new! Password keeper won't go back to the screen where you enter your password after it's been idol for a few seconds.

deRusett.....Thanks. I'm funny that way, if it's new I want a new replacement. She was aware of my concern with a refurb and that's why we are restoring the phone first. I guess if this doesn't work than I'll go for the refurb. Now my house phone died right in the middle of this. Ugh, what a pain in the ****!!
    07-07-10 04:01 PM
    house phone?? I'm not familiar with this term?? does your house make calls?

good luck with the restore!
    07-07-10 04:12 PM
    Hahaha deRusett! That's the issue, we never use the house phone so it's been unplugged from the battery. I guess it didn't have enough juice in it and that's why I was diconnected...lol. Called sprint back n they disconnected me, so now I'm on my third attempt!!! I tell ya, if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all!!
    07-07-10 04:21 PM
    We are currently restoring the phone as if it would be brand new! Password keeper won't go back to the screen where you enter your password after it's been idol for a few seconds.

deRusett.....Thanks. I'm funny that way, if it's new I want a new replacement. She was aware of my concern with a refurb and that's why we are restoring the phone first. I guess if this doesn't work than I'll go for the refurb. Now my house phone died right in the middle of this. Ugh, what a pain in the ****!!
    Your phone isn't new, you have been using it for a few months.
    And if you read your contract it does say that you will only get a refurb.
    07-07-10 05:21 PM
    Your phone isn't new, you have been using it for a few months.
    And if you read your contract it does say that you will only get a refurb.
    I'm aware of that already, thank you
    07-07-10 05:43 PM
    Don't worry about the Referb, a lot of referbs are actually new phones returned in the 30 day window.
    agreed.since i want a blackberry before my contract is up verizon told me i can get a certified pre-owned (refurb) for cheap. they assured me that they are new phones returned within 30 days. so i completely agree with deRussett. do not worry about a refurb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 09:37 PM
    And a refurbished has been personally handled/tested by an expert. Trim will be like new. all good. I have been through several refurbish (drove over 2 of them, mybad), the only issue I ever had was an error by Telus. They didn't enter the correct dates for warranty info. 2 calls and a faxed receipt copy and all fixed.
    07-07-10 09:57 PM
    Thanks everyone! Well after 3 wipes of the phone yesterday because of being disconnected with the tech and one tech not knowing for sure what the previous tech had done annnnd a couple of hours talking to them UGH, I'm hoping my issues have been resolved now!! If not, I will for sure get the refurb. It just seemed like it had taken forever to download the apps I had. Some of them I had 2, 3 and 4 attempts before they finaly downloaded. I guess I'll be keeping an eye on how the data part of the phone is working. Thanks for your input everyone!!!
    07-08-10 06:18 AM
  12. T
    I hope your issues will be solved. I think your passwork keeper is performing normally anyway. Mine works like that, as I described in the other topic.
    07-08-10 07:21 AM
  13. T
    I tried to edit my most recent post, but, as, often happens on crackberry, the edit feature doesn't work right; I click "edit," and only part of my previous text show up. Here are my edits:

1. Change word "solved" to "resolved"; and

2. include link to the other topic:

http://forums.crackberry.com/newrepl...eply&p=5323560
    07-08-10 07:31 AM
  14. T
    Edit: in post above, remove comma after "as" and change the letter "c" in the word "change" to lower case.
    07-08-10 07:33 AM
  15. T
    Edit previous post: change word "show" to "shows."
    07-08-10 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD