About Me : I have used BlackBerry for more than 7 years now. And I have forced atleast 6 people to buy BlackBerry

About Blackberry's new Leap / Slider :
    According to me Leap is for hardly 10-15% of Blackberry 10's fan base. Yeah its a good decent phone with that price but the majority of Blackberry's customer come in that other 85-90% who everytime want a new high end phone (read slider), with all the uniqueness and innovations, price we don't care , we just want it to get launched in our country or else out of patience we will also try our luck with the shopblackberry.com. Pun surely intended.
    Most of the BlackBerry10 followers bought classic, passport, z10,q10, z30 because all these were really innovative and unique at their time of launch.
    But when we come to z3, q5 customers either they have one of the above phones or someone like me forced them. Both these groups of customers are extremely satisfied with their purchases. But for the z3,q5 and may be leap customers you need an external force to convince them why? Because you have infinite choices of good phones in that price range with better specs obviously.

What we want?
    If you ask randomly in this forum, what we want? I can put my money on majority of the people saying high end all touch, high end all keyboard, high end slider, high end smartwatch, high end dual screen, high end tablet, high end everything and after having one of these he might say a mid range good battery phone or Leap. Because we are a bunch of people having money who love to spend on good innovative productive smartphones.

#totally my opinion. Will like to hear from you all.

Opinion Blackberry's new Leap/Slider-img_20150105_233617.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    03-04-15 02:01 PM
    BlackBerry can do better with 50 million $100 device users than it could with 10 million $500 device users.

To get more more users they need to build a better app catalog. To have a better app catalog they need more users. To get more users, they need really cheap devices ($275 is not cheap).Only making high-end devices is a death sentence for BB10. That being said, it isn't really working for Window's Phone either.
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    03-04-15 04:33 PM
    The slider isn't the leap. The leap is a low-end full touch. It's meant as an upgrade to the Z3

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 04:38 PM
    I think cruising around CB and similar places skews all of our ideas about what "the people" want in a phone. The vast majority of people can do everything they'd ever want to do on either a mid-range device like the Leap or on some older tech like an iPhone 5 or a GS3. Not everyone can or will spend top $$$ on bleeding edge devices.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende and bh7171 like this.
    03-04-15 04:59 PM
    BlackBerry can do better with 50 million $100 device users than it could with 10 million $500 device users.

To get more more users they need to build a better app catalog. To have a better app catalog they need more users. To get more users, they need really cheap devices ($275 is not cheap).Only making high-end devices is a death sentence for BB10. That being said, it isn't really working for Window's Phone either.
    Exactly it isn't working. Can BlackBerry claim that z3 and q5 achieved the targets.?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:10 PM

That 50 million at $100 would have minuscule profit margins... or maybe even 0 profit... BlackBerry cannot produce phones at that price.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:41 PM
    I was going to say the same thing. The Leap is not the slider. The editing on the slider video made it look as though the BlackBerry Leap is the slider, but it's definitely not.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 12:00 AM
    That 50 million at $100 would have minuscule profit margins... or maybe even 0 profit... BlackBerry cannot produce phones at that price.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough, but for BB, there is no money in manufacturing, yet. They could grow the business and ultimately grow the high end sales by moving 50 million devices at cost. Remember, sometimes the carrier can help hit that number.

IMO, the real money is in software/services.
    lactose likes this.
    03-05-15 04:05 AM
    I was going to say the same thing. The Leap is not the slider. The editing on the slider video made it look as though the BlackBerry Leap is the slider, but it's definitely not.

Posted via CB10
    Yes leap is not the slider. Which line you are referring to?
    Is it the thread heading? Well leap/slider I meant both the phones.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 06:28 AM
    Currently I believe with portfolio that BlackBerry has, they actually still need the device business (likely at 40% gross margin) to help offset all of their OPEX (operating expenses / overheads).
    This could change if they start gaining subscriptions or licensing fees with the recent announcements.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 06:41 AM
    There is nothing wrong with the Leap. It has more Ram and a bigger battery than an iPhone 6. Sure the processor may not be the latest but with BlackBerry refining OS 10 it does not have to be. For a huge number of potential users, at its price point, it will be great! '5 screen and big battery for day plus use.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2480
    03-06-15 08:40 AM
    Considering that BBRY now has .4% of market share and that probably a very small amount of that .4% want a slider then I think it's pointless to go that route. In an age of slim phones this is going to look like a brick comparatively speaking.

I'm in that group that always thought sliders were ugly and still do.
    03-06-15 08:53 AM
    There is nothing wrong with the Leap. It has more Ram and a bigger battery than an iPhone 6. Sure the processor may not be the latest but with BlackBerry refining OS 10 it does not have to be. For a huge number of potential users, at its price point, it will be great! '5 screen and big battery for day plus use.

I agree it's a pretty good Phone for a pretty good price. Probably what the vast majority of people want.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 09:25 AM
    I have to agree, a high end touch will probably sell the most. But I have had them and the phone I loved the most was the palm Pre, small, portrait, slider. So if they sell a slider, I will probably buy it.

On Classic now.
    03-06-15 10:40 AM

True, but why invest in a device whose specs are comparable or inferior in some cases to a BlackBerry phone already on the market, the Z30? In many ways, and not just aesthetically speaking, the Z30 is the better phone. Why not offer the surplus of Z30's as an option for the "Start Up" businessman or woman and build a high end all touch? It just doesn't make any sense. Plus the whole argument for the PKB is that it's what business people want, which personally I think is bull, but then by that argument, why would you build expensive high end PBK devices like the Passport and a mid-grade at best touch screen and market it as a phone for the start up business person? If business = PBK, why not market the Q5, Q10 or the CLASSIC, Hello? For the start up business person and save the touch screen for the consumer market? I'm really hoping that when the slider comes out it will come out with a sibling, a full touch so people can have a choice.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 11:45 AM
    My question is ,all those people you think will buy Leap as soon as its launched , why not they are buying Z30. According to me z30 is the best full touch BlackBerry phone. And its price now is in range of what Leaps price would be.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 12:01 PM
    I own a Z30 and it is a remarkable all touch device. Bought it unlocked and run it on AT&T. The main issue is that it never had carrier support. The Leap can now be marketed, hopefully, across all carriers. And one unique offering BlackBerry has, now, unlike other device makers, is choice. PKB and all touch. If Chen does things right he has a real chance here. BB10 is a gem of an OS only too few of us know it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4
    03-07-15 03:03 AM
    What's the matter with the Leap Device? It's not even in the market, nobody has tasted it and there are only negative comments about it...I don't feel the Leap as I low end we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:48 AM
    Leap is now in the market . And I have hardly seen it around. Thats the matter.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 09:49 PM
    I don't understand the Leap either, but then again, I am not following the Z line devices so I don't really know what is going on lol. I think I read somewhere that the Leap is released for specific regions outside North America?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 03:43 AM