Ok I am no BB or Opera Mini pro but about a week ago My OM stopped functioning. I could not get to any website regardless of whether I went from The speedial thingy or my bookmarks or even if I manually entered an address via the google bar... nothing!

All I would get is a white screen that no matter how long I waited never went forward from there. In fact I also could not go back from that white screen. I had to use the red button that just closed the program altogether.

So I did what all good BB users do when something does not work and pulled the battery.
    Nothing different afterwards.
    Then I deleted the program from my BB 9630. I reinstalled it and what I ended up with is Opera Mini, but not one that is familiar to me.
    I'm on a BB9630 OS 5.0 on VZW

What I am left with at this point an Opera Mini that is less user friendly compared to the one I had and frankly it isn't even fully functional.

What I mean by fully functional is:
    • I have to click on some items more than once for them to function. If they do anything at all.
    • Some items I select don't do the thing I ask it does the task just above or just below the one I am asking for. NO IT"S NOT ME.
    • In the past I did not ned to zoom or magnify a web page to read it. The page loaded so that I could read it with doing that. Now I have a rectangle the rolls around the screen and when I want to read that area i click and it magnifies it. If I want to do that i could just use the browser that came with my BB.

I'm VERY unhappy with what I have and can't figure out if its something I did or .........?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
    04-25-11 06:16 PM
    what version Opera did you have? & what is the one you have now? sounds to me like you went from mini 4 to mini 5. as far as the magnifying try changing the zoom size in the help menu. My Opera is giving me trouble past few days also, trouble connecting, getting connection failed a lot
    04-25-11 11:40 PM
    Opera Mini ugh......tried it for three days did not render a picture, switched everything, double checked every setting and went back to Bolt browser....uninstalled immediately after....good riddance.....
    04-25-11 11:46 PM
    Opera Mini ugh......tried it for three days did not render a picture, switched everything, double checked every setting and went back to Bolt browser....uninstalled immediately after....good riddance.....
    I have Bolt & Opera, when I need speed I choose Opera, when I need a full site I choose Bolt
    04-25-11 11:57 PM
    It's not just you. There were a few posts about this elsewhere - something appears to have been messed up on Opera's end. Mine is mosty back to normal, with a few hiccups, but for a few days it was totally unusable.
    04-26-11 12:46 AM
    OK I currently have Opera Mini Version 6.0. I do not know which version I had prior to this problem.

I gotta say that I am dumping the Opera Mini experiment. I wasn't so thrilled with it to begin with but this has really pretty much sealed the coffin on it.
    04-26-11 05:45 AM
    I can confirm the ops observation on links not working right sometimes. There have been many instances where I've clicked on a particular forum in cb and seen the correct one highlight, yet I've ended up in the forum above it. I too thought it was me but I've seen it more and more. Usually it seems to happen when I do click the forum above by mistake then go back and click the correct one.

I've never been a huge OM fan but this OM6 version really made me smile. I'm hoping that the above issue and the typing lag on it with my storm2 will be resolved (typing gets laggier and laggier the more I type into a field).

Russ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 05:56 AM
    I can confirm the ops observation on links not working right sometimes. There have been many instances where I've clicked on a particular forum in cb and seen the correct one highlight, yet I've ended up in the forum above it. I too thought it was me but I've seen it more and more. Usually it seems to happen when I do click the forum above by mistake then go back and click the correct one.

I've never been a huge OM fan but this OM6 version really made me smile. I'm hoping that the above issue and the typing lag on it with my storm2 will be resolved (typing gets laggier and laggier the more I type into a field).

Russ.

I generally overlook those little issues but I agree the typing is murder on my storm two. Must be serious bug. Still love opera for browsing 90% of sites. Although recently they have been having some serious issues w servers or something

04-26-11 04:22 PM
    If you can open the same links in the Native Browser then the issue is at Opera (their servers not your installed app). For the Opera browser to work all the page requests go through the Opera servers to get compressed and sent to your phone. That is why Opera can be a lot faster for larger pages loads.

Downside is if Opera has a server/service issue, everyone gets hit. There has been an ongoing issue now for probably a week I'd say. It will not work correctly until they fix their end.
    04-26-11 04:42 PM
    Same deal here - opera mini 6 would just not work - I did reinstall it, and now it is fine.

If you need to reinstall, go to m.opera.com from your stock browser - it should detect your device and you can download it from there.

04-26-11 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD