Hi guys, I have a Blackberry 8520.

Unfortunately the cursor has completely gone which now means I can no longer navigate through my phone.

I have bypassed this by by turning off home screen dialing and learning some of the keypad features.

Unfortunately the one thing I aimed to accomplish through doing this was to open up my text message inbox. I can open browser, bbm, emails, options, calender etc etc. The only thing I cannot open is my inbox for text message.

My question is, can I produce a hotkey? If that is the correct term for say a new application e.g. holding down alt + q. Similarly for opening text message as this has completely baffled me!

Would appreciate any help at this stage!!

Thanks, Mike
    04-28-11 02:51 PM
    A lot different themes have those short cuts built into them already. Usually as simple as pushing 1 key or alt + $ for example. There are also apps u can buy that can create shortcuts for you also. Try this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/han...rtcuts-549683/
    GL
    Last edited by rdiddy_25; 04-28-11 at 03:06 PM.
    04-28-11 03:02 PM
    Read instructions. I dealt with a broken trackpad for a month.
    So.
    Go to the messages app. (m)
    Click menu
    Click O to scroll to options
    general options
    shoot.
    you have to do this before hand actually..

well..
    Several themes have the $ as a hotkey to the texts inbox.
    once in there, click U to go to the last unread.
    04-28-11 03:27 PM
    The M key opens email, text and voicemail notifications for me. But you have to setup your Inbox under Mail/Options/Inbox. Check all the boxes.
    If you get the Qsms app that is free, Q will open the compose sms screen as soon as you choose a recipient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 04-28-11 at 08:41 PM.
    04-28-11 08:38 PM
    Link for Qsms.

http://m.berrycoder.com/qsms.jad

04-28-11 08:43 PM
    The space bar jumps to the bottom of the list if that helps at all.
    04-28-11 08:43 PM
    When there is a menu, enter takes you down one.
    04-28-11 09:52 PM
    No one has yet to ask if it fell out or just locked up? Mine locked up and I did the paper trick to clean it. Works great now. Let me know if you want to try it.

04-29-11 12:45 AM
    Okay, in the hopes it's still intact but not responding. Take about 5 sheets of clean printer paper. Lay them on a hard table top. Place your bb face down with the ball contacting. With a slight pressure move it across the paper back, forth, side ways and circular both directions briskly for several seconds. It should be revived. I have had mine screw up twice in the last year and this method has fixed it both times and without having to take it apart. Good luck!

04-29-11 12:54 AM
    Oh yeah and by the way, press M from home screen. Then press alt-S will bring up Sms's.

04-29-11 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD