BlackBerry opens Store in Frankfurt Airport, more to follow. Wishful thinking, if course. Reality is here in Germany most people think BlackBerry is long time dead now (besides those watching formula one and see the Blackberry sticker at Rosbergs's Racing overall)

Why I never see a Blackberry store anywhere? They could show off OS10 Devices and let people play around with them. (please do not show legacy devices with hardware keyboard , only fulltouch and OS10 NO OS7.

Is it that hard to open a shop and show devices and sell them or what's the problem? I not even see advertising!

A company can have the greatest and best products but when people don't know them, they not buy them.

I think Blackberry is burning cash for wrong things. Open some shops, sell products, make money and buy up some profitable small businesses.

And of course, first hire some coders and fix the OS, that I would do, Armchair CEO me ( I not studied but I am better than that John Chen guy for SURE). Tired of calling people and taking pictures by mistake everyday. Are they high who build those operating systems?

RedBerry Z10 #00167 ? OS10.2.1.3175
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    06-06-14 03:12 PM
    Because they tried stores before and they never really worked out. You don't open stores when you're working on a turn-around and trying to save cash. As for burning cash on the wrong things, well... what are they burning cash on? That's the thing. They're not really spending any cash atm.
    shahyaz likes this.
    06-06-14 03:25 PM
    Because they tried stores before and they never really worked out. You don't open stores when you're working on a turn-around and trying to save cash.
    Unless you're in a market which still has a lot of BB presence, like the UAE.
    06-06-14 03:27 PM
    Having that kind of overhead with employees and all would kill BlackBerry.

AmaZ30ed
    06-06-14 07:15 PM
    Give me a BlackBerry store. I can give it a shot!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    06-06-14 07:18 PM
    Me also it's not that expensive. About 100k, little bit salary for me and I can get the ball rolling here in germany. Just need handsets for sale and some good looking signs.

No advertising, no shops - I really don't know if that's business how it is done nowaydays.

Survive only with people make mouth to mouth advertising ? Sorry, not working Blackberry needs to take a little money in his hands (or my hands) an date it going.

Otherwise I am sure : Blackberry won't be there 2020.

RedBerry Z10 #00167 ? OS10.2.1.3175
    06-06-14 11:35 PM
    I think you need to do some research on what all this costs!

AmaZ30ed
    06-06-14 11:56 PM
    Unless you're in a market which still has a lot of BB presence, like the UAE.
    Which is pointless because they already have plenty of vendors and retail locations in Jakarta, Malaysia and Dubai. In other words, you're suggesting something that is already in effect. Clearly, Germany doesn't fit that bill much like North America doesn't either any more.

http://crackberry.com/tour-new-black...il-store-dubai
    http://crackberry.com/biggest-blackb...-opens-jakarta
    http://crackberry.com/first-blackber...re-opens-china
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ind...-jakarta-video
    06-07-14 09:40 PM
    I think you need to do some research on what all this costs!
    Figure a half million to set up the store (a decent but basic-for-a-manufacturer's store), and another half million a year to staff it (labor & benefits). Rent is likely to be high anywhere it would make sense to open a store, because it would only make sense to do so in a heavily-populated, well-trafficked area. Maybe a quarter-million a year for rent, utilities, and associated taxes/licenses.

How many BB phones would BB have to sell just to break even? An awful lot of them is how many. And if you want to further do things like have a "Genius Bar"-type trouble-shooting/repair center in the store, you can double those prices.

Now look at BB's line-up of devices, and see if they justify such an expenditure. They've got a few 3+ year old BBOS models, 3 BB10 models that are a year old, 1 model that is more than half a year old (Z30), and two devices that are several months away from release (Q30 and Classic), both of which are targeted at enterprises rather than consumers. No plans have been announced to bring the Z3 to Europe, and a flagship touch phone won't be released until 2015.

Add all that up, and opening a branded store makes zero sense, unless you are trying to convert dollars into air.
    06-08-14 01:38 AM