I got pushed in the pool with my 8800. Now it tries to load, then a black screen with the red light on. i let it sit all night last night apart hoping and praying it would work the next morning, anyone have any ideas?
    05-19-08 07:49 AM
    Hope you had insurance I had a phone that got wet once.. I let it dry in sunlight and that fixed it.. I'd say you've got an aquaintance that's gonna be buying you a new blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 07:54 AM
    You should disassemble everything you can (I mean the back cover, battery, etc) and let it dry for a day or two. Then try it again. If it still doesn't work, I hope you took an insurance
    05-19-08 07:59 AM
    Nope no insurance, I guess I'll let it dry out some more, then try it again later, thanks
    05-19-08 08:02 AM
    Who in their right mind pushes someone in the pool with a $500 computer???

Time for them to pony up for a new one for you.
    05-19-08 08:54 AM
    Two things I have heard, try one it cant hurt.

These should be done as soon as it gets wet, but try anyway.

DO NOT turn it on.
    Pull battery.
    Place it on the dash of the car and blast the defroster on high heat, or use a hair dryer to get the moisture out.

Good luck.

If it doesn't work look at is an an opportunity to get a new toy.
    P.S. Check the Market Place for used phones, there is always a good deal there.
    05-19-08 09:00 AM
    Put it disassembled into a bag with a loaf of bread. Then put the bag in the sun for the day, if this works, it'll but you a few months, might be too late.

05-19-08 09:01 AM
    Ive heard putting it in rice works. It was posted a few times on CB.

05-19-08 09:10 AM
    In fact, anything that absorb wet should work
    05-19-08 09:21 AM
    Who in their right mind pushes someone in the pool with a $500 computer???

Time for them to pony up for a new one for you.
    I must agree with Patrick here. Horsing around can become very expensive sometimes. I will agree that your buddy meant no harm, but in this instance it's gonna cost you/him or her the price of a phone. Lets hope you had your info backed up recently.
    05-19-08 09:33 AM
    I have never had to dry one out, but I belive the best advise is to use a dissicant. Rice is probably the most available and easy to use.

Use a sealable container, larger enough to lay it down flat. Remove the back cover and battery, lay the device on the layer of rice. Close it up and let it dry for 24 hours in a warm place.

If that does not work, try a fresh battery, just in case the battery is toast.
    05-19-08 09:33 AM
    The biggest thing, I didn't know the kid at all. After I was shoved into the pool fully clothed he ran. I have no idea his name or where to find him, and now Im out of a good phone.
    05-19-08 09:51 AM
    The biggest thing, I didn't know the kid at all. After I was shoved into the pool fully clothed he ran. I have no idea his name or where to find him, and now Im out of a good phone.
    Wow, that really sucks. I dropped my 8830 in the toilet a few weeks ago and it was totally destroyed. Definitely worth the $7 a month for total equipment protection.
    05-19-08 10:28 AM
    **** I wish I would have gotten the insurance lol
    05-19-08 10:34 AM
    **** I wish I would have gotten the insurance lol
    Yeah, no kidding haha. My friends threw me in a lake once, but they were smart enough to empty my pockets first
    05-19-08 10:38 AM
    That sucks, man...........a totally random person to push a person in the pool with a BB in their pocket........if it was me, he would have died when I got out of the pool.
    05-19-08 10:39 AM
    I almost died, Now I'm phoneless and my heart is broken
    05-19-08 10:40 AM
    05-19-08 10:44 AM
    I think this is probably similar to the solution of the rice or bread trick. I wouldn't spend the money on it.
    05-19-08 10:45 AM
    I dont think insurance cover water domage dont they?
    05-19-08 11:00 AM
    I dont think insurance cover water domage dont they?
    It did for me. I have TEP from Sprint though, which covers water damage, theft, and if you lose your phone. Other carriers may not offer that.
    05-19-08 11:01 AM
    Man, that really sux, hope some of the suggestions here work for ya....good luck.
    05-19-08 11:08 AM
    I apperciate all the help guys, if she comes back from the dead I'll let you know.
    05-19-08 11:16 AM
    vzw has TEC as well that covers water damage That sucks tho. I usually buy all my phones full retail tho bc i get a new phone every few months. It definately gets pricey but you can add the insurance as soon as you pay the retail.
    05-19-08 11:21 AM
    that really sucks about your phone. the bad news is, my mom works for verizon and she said that blackberries are notorious for being horrible survivors of water damage. so, i would say youre probably looking at getting a new phone.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but....
    05-19-08 11:41 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD