I'd be more than happy with them keeping BlackBerry 10 as is, and giving us updated versions of the Classic and Passport, which, by the way, John Chen said were in the pipeline a while back.

But seeing as the bronze and white Classic, as well as the "Keian" codenamed Porsche Design device have either been shown or mentioned, never to be seen/heard from again, I'm guessing that the Classic and Passport follow-up devices won't be coming either.

Sucks to say, but I feel like that's the truth.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 10:52 PM
    If BB10 phones are not going to be produced anymore. I am getting the Turing phone with the Jolla sailfish Os. It has the gestures, hub peeking, active frames, fully working google playstore with latest android runtime marshmellow, and amazing hardware specs.

  
    02-10-16 11:55 PM
    I'd be more than happy with them keeping BlackBerry 10 as is, and giving us updated versions of the Classic and Passport, which, by the way, John Chen said were in the pipeline a while back.

But seeing as the bronze and white Classic, as well as the "Keian" codenamed Porsche Design device have either been shown or mentioned, never to be seen/heard from again, I'm guessing that the Classic and Passport follow-up devices won't be coming either.

Sucks to say, but I feel like that's the truth.

Posted via CB10
    BB will continue to sell BB10, and BBOS, phones for as long as people want to buy them, or until they run out of inventory. However, just as there will be no new BBOS phones, there won't be any new BB10 phones either.

If BB10 suits your needs, then you can continue to buy any of the existing phones with a frozen-in-time OS (no further development) and continue to be content as I'm sure there is more inventory left than there are buyers. So, you don't have to buy Apple or Android.

BB is done with BB10.

Acceptance is that way ->
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    02-11-16 02:06 AM
    Mr. Chen, my Classic is still running great but it can't last forever. Are you really going to leave me with just two choices? Android - w/pre-installed Google apps that I can't remove or control. Over priced iOS devices that force me into a ecosystem I don't want.

I've spent my hard earned $$$ on BlackBerry devices for years and now it seems I have only TWO choices for my next device. How can this be? You may not sell millions of BB10 phones, but I'll buy one (or two).

Will it really bankrupt BlackBerry to update the specs on the Classic and release a new one? The Priv hasn't really saved BlackBerry right?

Why not test the waters and re-up on BlackBerry10? The iPhone market has maxed-out, and those "in the know" don't want to hand over their entire digital lives to Android (aka Google).

There's a place for BlackBerry10. Take a chance on all the BlackBerry diehards, we have $ too. You might sell more devices than you'd expect. I know I'd spend my hard earned $$$ on a new BlackBerry10 phone...

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    How do you know what priv sales are ? I got this phone and I like it. Android is not do bad at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-11-16 04:55 AM
    How do you know what priv sales are ? I got this phone and I like it. Android is not do bad at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Well one guy said some app was only downloaded 50,000 times. And some other guy said he only saw 4 of them on Craigslist.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    02-11-16 05:27 AM
    Well one guy said some app was only downloaded 50,000 times. And some other guy said he only saw 4 of them on Craigslist.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    LOL

You're joking right?
    02-11-16 06:10 AM
    LOL

You're joking right?
    Sadly, he is not. The Craigslist thing was especially ridiculous.
    02-11-16 07:26 AM
    It's too bad there was never a unified standard for development.

When you think about it, there's really only one target market - mobile phone users. Why mobile phones have to have such vastly different development environments for what is effectively one type of device seems silly to me.

There really should have been one development platform that developers could write for. No more iOS apps or Android apps. Just "Mobile" apps that would run on any "Mobile" platform.
    So, lowest common denominator? No thanks, that would be absolutely terrible for innovation.

I mean, just look at, for example, how h.265 is coming along. Sure, when we get the standard and it becomes widespread, it'll be great. But it won't happen for a few more years.
    02-11-16 07:30 AM
    It's too bad there was never a unified standard for development.

When you think about it, there's really only one target market - mobile phone users. Why mobile phones have to have such vastly different development environments for what is effectively one type of device seems silly to me.

There really should have been one development platform that developers could write for. No more iOS apps or Android apps. Just "Mobile" apps that would run on any "Mobile" platform.
    Because competition. ALso HTML5 (which all modern mobile OSs support) is as close you can get to a device agnostic API.

You same argument could be applied to mobile platforms. Why do we need so many OSs when we could just use one:

"When you think about it there's really only one target market - mobile phone users. Why mobile phones have to have such vastly different OSs for what is effectively one type of device seems silly to me.

There really should have been one OS that developers could write for. No more Android phones or Windows phones or BB10 phones. Just iOS phones"
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-11-16 07:52 AM
    Sucks to say, but this question belongs to Apple or Android discussion boards.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 07:54 AM
    Curious, why Windows?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. Android is an absolute no. I don't like the typing on the iPhones and that is a huge part of using a smart phone. I also don't like how they handle (or don't handle) different media file types that my BlackBerry doesn't have any problems with. No removable battery or removable storage is a big deal too. That said, I have not verified if Windows phones have removable batteries and removable storage either and have not tried using one yet. They will be the first platform I check out if I ever leave the BlackBerry OS. I hope that doesn't happen though. I am very satisfied with my BlackBerry (Z10 currently).
    03-01-16 09:41 AM
    That said, I have not verified if Windows phones have removable batteries and removable storage either and have not tried using one yet.
    Many Windows Phones do, including recent flagships like the Lumia 950 IIRC.
    03-01-16 11:34 AM
    How do you know what priv sales are ?
    I never said I did.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    03-01-16 12:07 PM
113 ... 345