This past week I acquired my first BB (TORCH).

In setting things up I successfully added my personal GMAIL account to my BB EXCEPT I have been unable to completely sync. the contact list. As far as I can tell the sync only brings in those contacts in my GMAIL account that are in the "MY CONTACTS" section but completely ignores the contacts in the "ALL CONTACTS" section. I have several times started fresh i.e. deleting the account via BIS, deleting the contact list from the BB and then starting again but each time only the 53 contacts in the "MY CONTACTS" come in (omitting the approximately 300 contacts in "ALL CONTACTS"). I am at a loss. Am I missing something obvious?
    10-30-10 05:32 PM
    As per the Google Syn for BB help page: Getting started : Contacts - Google Mobile Help

Google Sync will synchronize your Address Book with the "My Contacts" group in your Google Contacts. To manage your Google Contacts, go to your Gmail account and click the Contacts link.

I hope this helps!
    10-30-10 07:52 PM
    As per the Google Syn for BB help page:
    Google Sync will synchronize your Address Book with the "My Contacts" group in your Google Contacts.
    So just to confirm then....the behaviour I have observed with my Torch is what is intended i.e. only syncing with the "My Contacts"? I am just surprised that it is only me who didnt realize this [as I thought I did lots of searching but I never found reports of this specific 'problem']

To manage your Google Contacts, go to your Gmail account and click the Contacts link.
    I take it this would mean to move individually or en mass contacts from "All Contacts" to "My Contacts"? Is that what others do?

I do have some Group Contacts is it possible to successfully sync existing Gmail Group Contacts i.e. the Group name will appear in the BB Contacts or will it be just a mass of the individual contacts?

I hope this helps!
    Guaitao, I do very much appreciate your reply as I think it means that what I had happen was not unexpected.
    Last edited by copperbeech; 10-31-10 at 04:46 AM.
    10-31-10 04:29 AM
    I realized this a while ago while updating contacts. I guess it's nice to have your not-so-frequent contacts available via your mobile browser but your frequent/most important ones handy and synched.

For all I know groups do not sync, be it Google Contacts ones or groups created on your BlackBerry. Backing up your device via the Desktop Manager is helpful in keeping them in case you need to restore them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD