I remember when having a blackberry really meant being connected. As of late I've seen my BBM contacts dwindle and everyone else with out a blackberry seems to be more connected than I am. I'd like to use video chat but no one has a playbook. BBM connected app mean nothing when no one you know has BBM. I'm losing confidence in blackberry's ability to keep me connected. . .convince me otherwise. . .other phones simply have more to offer and do the work in more simple ways. (Which is a really complicated way of me saying I'm tired of pins and I was to play Words with Friends. .. lol) BUt seriously. . . convince me that BB10 will be worth the wait and that people will actually pick one up so I could actually be connected to somebody!
    03-08-12 10:09 AM
    It isn't blackberry's ability to be connected, its the fact that nobody has one. Again, as I have said in a whole lot if more posts, blackberry is fine. People love it and people hate it like anything else but the so acting "press" appear to be bribed so blackberry gets one negative on the other. I'm sorry if you have to leave the brand but don't blame blackberry for it. For BB10, it looks like it will be kick*** but you will have to count your money for it yourself.
    03-08-12 10:19 AM
    Nobody can convince you stay with BB. I'm sure you've played around with other devices, if not, find out what works best for you and go for it.
    03-08-12 10:25 AM
    How can anyone convince to stay with a platform that isn't out yet? Make a list and decide pros and cons and choose.
    03-08-12 10:28 AM
    I always say I'm against things that are proprietary to one system such as bbm, imessage etc. If my friends use something else and are not willing to use something like im+ etc so we could chat etc then I say they aren't much of a friend in the first place.

For these games like words with friends who knows if they will get on the bb10 bandwagon or not. I am the only person I know with a bb and I don't feel alone, not the least bit.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 03-08-12 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Bit =bb
    13echo4 and jafobabe like this.
    03-08-12 10:28 AM
    got to agree with some of your points OP... My BBM list has shrunk by a lot in the last year... and I wonder if I'll be able to hold off for the bbx stuff...
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    03-08-12 10:40 AM
    Instead of asking people to convince you that BB10 is worth the wait and that people will actually pick one up, why don't you go for a lovely walk in the park? It will help to clear your head and you'll feel so much better after that. And with luck, you might even bump into other BB-toting people there too.
    Last edited by adiafzal; 03-08-12 at 10:49 AM.
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    03-08-12 10:42 AM
    Just admit you like other smartphones better and go pick one. Please don't give the little phone fault that you are feeling disconnected. My best friends are the ones who call me or meet up with me for talk and hangout. The others, well....they are too busy posting status and tweets but never able to write me a normal text msg. You know them, you can hangout with them once in a while, but you don't feel so strong connected with them like your best friends.
    03-08-12 10:54 AM
    You don't have to stay connected through BBM, Blackberries support bunch of other instant messaging apps as well as SMS and email. So you can stay connected with you friends without them having blackberries. At the end of the day its your choice if your going to stay with BB, and/or come back when BB10s are out.
    03-08-12 10:55 AM
    I only have a few freinds that have Blackberries most of my friends are IPhone or Andriod users but good old sms text messaging is the way we all keep in touch not a big deal. Some Yahoo messager also so BBM is fun but not a reason for me to ever give up on Blackberry.
    03-08-12 11:13 AM
    There is no reason to blame BlackBerry for your "disconnection problem", 90% because the only platform-exclusive instant messaging application available right now is BlackBerry Messenger, and whatever instant messaging service your non-BlackBerry using friends are using should be available for you. Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, Windows Live Messenger, Facebook Chat, WhatsApp, Pingchat, Cnctd, what have you. God help you if your friends are connected via Twitter or Skype (but they are available for BlackBerry too, currently Skype only supports T-Mobile network and devices)

There is literally nobody that can convince you "BlackBerryX is definitely worth the wait". The only person that knows what you need is you. If you think BlackBerry Messenger is the only reason to get a BlackBerry, then your BlackBerry had served its purpose, and it is time for you to jump ship to another device that works for you.
    03-08-12 12:04 PM
    If you have current needs that BB doesn't address, then I'd suggest going with another platform for the time being. No one knows quite yet what BB10 will hold, and it's going to be several more months until we find out. If BB10 comes out shining, you can always go back to black .
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-08-12 12:32 PM
    I agree with the OP, but the reason I still use Blackberry is because it does everything I need it do, very well.

I hate not being able to play the same games as my friends sometimes, or install certain apps but I can live with that.

As long as I can get my emails super fast, type on the grand piano-like keyboard, organize my life, multi-task, and become addicted to the blinky light.................Im GOOD
    Last edited by shemaree09; 03-08-12 at 02:35 PM.
    03-08-12 02:26 PM
    I feel forever alone in terms of being the only one of my friends with a BB. Clearly I don't use BBM, but I'm in no way disconnected from anyone. I have and will always love my BB...I would love for a front facing camera though .
    03-08-12 07:08 PM
    The OPs post reads like a troll. He's the only one left in the world using a BB

"I remember when..." or "I feel forever alone..."
    VanCity778 likes this.
    03-08-12 08:12 PM
    Sounds like to me you made your own mind up and answered your own questions. If your unhappy or experience has grown stail. Then move on. Its no big deal. I feel like the fact of making this thread suggest the best option is finding another device.
    03-08-12 08:43 PM
    People are coming back to BlackBerry. Just read the forums!

As for staying "connected" you can use email, text, or any of the million cross platform messengers.

I like Live Profile and chat with friends/family with it on their iPhones or Android.

You can use Twitter and Facebook on BlackBerry too. Not sure about G+ because I no longer have social networking accounts.

You can also use the phone!

BlackBerry is still in it. And it's a great communications device, like they all are.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-08-12 at 08:51 PM.
    03-08-12 08:45 PM
    i like bb phones for what it is, i dont base it on the # of bbm contacts on my bbm. my friends uses various devices. we use txt most of the time.
    03-08-12 11:08 PM

No troll here (well. . .maybe a little. .. lol) I just realized that for a while here in the states I was doing more advertising for blackberry than RIM. . .Out of the 10 people left on my BBM I'm the only one with an OS7 device. . .I remember asking folks about it and no one even knew that Blackberry made new phones. . .but I guess RIM is finally making up for lost time. . .
    03-09-12 12:30 PM

It depends on how you view the world. For example, to me, my school friends and family define my small world. If all of them are on iPhone, I will feel left out too. My brother has an iPhone and good thing my mom still like BlackBerry. Almost all of my friends have iPhone.
    03-09-12 02:22 PM
    What a difference between the USA and Canada. I have more than a dozen close people that have BBs. The funny thing is I only use BBM with a couple of them. I don't find BBM that important in keeping in contact or connected.
    03-09-12 02:59 PM
    convince me otherwise. convince me that BB10 will be worth the wait
    These two sentences alone should help you make your own decision on what OS works for you. No need for convincing from anyone else, but yourself.
    03-09-12 10:08 PM
    It depends on how you view the world. For example, to me, my school friends and family define my small world. If all of them are on iPhone, I will feel left out too. My brother has an iPhone and good thing my mom still like BlackBerry. Almost all of my friends have iPhone.
    I don't understand the feeling of being left out. I mean back in the day before we all had smartphones didn't we all pretty much use different devices. Why do your friends or family have to have the exact same phone to feel included or accepted? Do you really talk to them less if they change platforms?

My entire family has iPhones. I still talk to them! Whether it's through Live Profile, Email, phone calls, Google text, YouTube videos, etc

Yeah, having them all on BBM would be nice for sure. But there are so many cross platform messengers now that it hardly matters.

The only thing I don't like is I can never seem to view videos taken on the iPhone. Not on my BlackBerry, PlayBook or Dell! But I blame Apple for that.
    03-10-12 06:23 AM
    I totally agree with the majority here. No one can "force" you to make a choice. No one can make you feel anything its all you. If your not feeling the BB any more then sorry to loose you when we are on the cusp of a revolution but BU-BYE. RIM/BB doesn't have time for people that are all whinny and 'try to impress me or i leave'. There is a great following and fan base for BBs. All the people that have left over the years i have no doubt will return upon the release of BB10.....so pressure RIM :P
    03-10-12 08:08 AM
    . . .and I'm the "troll" here. . .lol
    03-18-12 03:25 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD