Was in a flagship store today and was going to mess around with the new Bold but it was completely dead. The micro-usb charger was connected to the phone but no juice was present. The Bold 9930 was the only BB to be found in the store.

So I asked a rep what was up and it turns out it was unplugged underneath the display shelf. He plugged back in and it started to charge but I wasn't going to wait around at that point. There were several Android phones on either side working perfectly.

I also asked him why the 9850 was not on display and he said something about too many issues with them coming back. I then explained how awesome my 9850 was and that I have had zero issues with it, not that it mattered as he could care less but he did seem surprised that I was happy with it.
    01-21-12 07:19 PM
    Yeah I noticed that too in the Verizon store
    only a 9930 on display.
    Verizon is actually turning more and more like T-mobile
    where they think Android is God.
    01-21-12 07:25 PM
    My T-Mobile store has good representation of working blackberries. At least 2 employees including a manager own blackberries and are glad to explain pros and cons.
    01-21-12 07:35 PM
    that's funny as my local ATT store only had a 9860 on display; working perfectly and I found it is a very nice phone. Just not as good as my Bold.
    01-21-12 07:39 PM
    Was in a flagship store today and was going to mess around with the new Bold but it was completely dead. The micro-usb charger was connected to the phone but no juice was present. The Bold 9930 was the only BB to be found in the store.

So I asked a rep what was up and it turns out it was unplugged underneath the display shelf. He plugged back in and it started to charge but I wasn't going to wait around at that point. There were several Android phones on either side working perfectly.

I also asked him why the 9850 was not on display and he said something about too many issues with them coming back. I then explained how awesome my 9850 was and that I have had zero issues with it, not that it mattered as he could care less but he did seem surprised that I was happy with it.
    The stores tend to stock what sells for them. The Sprint store on 86th and 3rd doesn't showcase some phones at all, and when I asked about a particular phone the rep told me that the store across Central Park has it on display or that I could even check out Best Buy.

Shelf space is a commodity these days.

Not all stores are the same size either. So if I were a district manager, with 6 or 7 stores under me, I would look at the numbers geographically and decide what phones would be displayed at what stores.

With so much competition, I'm sure no carrier wants to lose customers or potential sales.

I doubt it's a conspiracy.
    01-22-12 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD