Awestruck at first look . Passport is the phoenix phone for BB . Resurgence streak is back .
    Just imagine holding a Passport in hand out in the public . People will be like "Is BB back in business ?"
    BB haters will be ****ting in their pants . Passport will definitely drive volume sales . It is a premium device and with the current BB marketing team , it is expected to sell only in very limited quantities . But yes , At least now , BB is taking its business seriously making a device with maxed out specs to match the competition .
    One Word , PASSPORT = MAGNIFICENT-passport8.jpg
    Not only a spec upgrade , but I see some true engineering and innovation going behind the design and development of Passport .Next to the passport , the Classic looks like a kid .
    The passport impresses with razor sharp design , a slim profile , updated specs and most importantly , a full QWERTY pad .

But here comes the major drawback : PRICE
    Passport is definitely going to be a heavily priced device with price above $500 ( sans contract ) . And that is going to drive away sales in BB strong holds like south east asia and africa . Sure , the device will sell for $199 ( with contract ) in the states , but then they don't give a damn about BB anymore . So I am still waiting to see how Chen manages to sell this device .
    So BBians , what is your thought on this device and how it could change BB future sales ??
    06-20-14 06:59 AM
    It's definitely grown on me from the time I saw the windmere leaked pictures. It looked really sharp in Chen's hand.

Posted via CB10
    jelp2 likes this.
    06-20-14 07:07 AM
    Yip, it really does look the business.
    06-20-14 07:24 AM
    It's definitely grown on me from the time I saw the windmere leaked pictures. It looked really sharp in Chen's hand.

Posted via CB10
    The Windermere leaks were actually ****ty photos . I thought the Winderemere had an awkward design when I saw the leaks . But that image changed my whole perception . But the BB has a really crappy marketing team . Just look at the photo below which is official release for Passport photo . The phone looks **** in marketing photos but in reality looks awesome in Chen's hand .

Here is the official release from BB
    One Word , PASSPORT = MAGNIFICENT-first_look.jpg
    greenberry666 likes this.
    06-20-14 07:36 AM
    I thought it looked awful before but now it actually looks quite nice. It's amazing what some metallic frets and sides can do for a phone. The specs are too high for this phone to be priced at anything below $499 and we got to pay for some of the r&d that went into the touch sensitive keyboard. The hardware actually justifies the cost unlike the z10 when it was launched. This shouldn't be something that too many people complain about.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 07:40 AM
    There are two things worrying me right now: that AT&T will not carry this (or carry only black AGAIN) and that the price will be too steep.

I need to start saving between now and September.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    Rowan M likes this.
    06-20-14 07:42 AM
    I want one even if it is damn ugly!

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 and Toodeurep like this.
    06-20-14 08:31 AM
    You summed it all up quite nicely, OP.
    I'm prepared to pay same amount as the price of an iPhone 6, whatever that price may be. On a very selfish note, I wish this phone be a "status" phone.
    06-20-14 08:42 AM
    Not sure why but it reminds me of this bad boy...
    One Word , PASSPORT = MAGNIFICENT-blackberry_torch_may_be_perfect_upgrade_after_mobile_recycling_2059_19919104_0_0_7003056_300.jpg

Posted via CB10
    stevepar likes this.
    06-20-14 08:48 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry_torch_may_be_perfect_upgrade_after_mobile_recycling_2059_19919104_0_0_7003056_300.jpg 
Views:	6109 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	279161

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely agree, it reminded me of the 8800 as well. I guess it's because of its blocky and bold design with the metal ridges on each side. It's a bada$$ phone.
    06-20-14 08:57 AM
    It's just speaks business/professional!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:09 AM
    The wideness also makes the keys a bit bigger, and for people with big hands that is a very big selling point.

(I have small hands, but I see some guys with huge hands and I have no idea how they hit the keys... for example my dad types in landscape with my old iphone4 bc he can't hit the keys otherwise.)

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:13 AM
    The metal trim definitely makes this "device" a lot more attractive. It looked really good in JC's hand.

I don't think that BlackBerry can or will sell these for more than your standard flagship price. If it comes out in Sept around the same time as the big screen iphone but is more expensive, it will get trashed in the media more than usual.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:13 AM
    The keyboard portion is too small for me. I wonder if one can type comfortably with that keyboard while holding the phone.
    sati01 likes this.
    06-20-14 09:40 AM
    That's. . . umm. . . two words. . .and a symbol. . .
    Appreciate the enthusiasm though! Not my first choice, but there seems to be a lot of like for this device. Hope it does great!
    06-20-14 10:48 AM
    The keyboard portion is too small for me. I wonder if one can type comfortably with that keyboard while holding the phone.
    That's what had me concerned at first. But I think the chin will help make it comfortable.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    06-20-14 10:50 AM
    Device looks really slick and nice. I am wondering though what are the official specs? Did they announce them? I believe quad core and 3gb ram? What's the camera?

On top of specs I want to know so badly what the keyboard actually does and how it functions! I want to see this hybrid physical/touch keyboard works!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:58 AM
    That's actually two words.
    06-20-14 11:10 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry_torch_may_be_perfect_upgrade_after_mobile_recycling_2059_19919104_0_0_7003056_300.jpg 
Views:	6109 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	279161

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure why either
    06-20-14 11:10 AM
    The more i look at the passport, the more i think it is going to be an iconic BB phone!! It is going to be thee phone to be seen with, the phone that will stand out and shout out at people ............... BUY ME, BE COOL AND BE PROFESSIONAL LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and once they try 10.3, it�ll blow them away

Go BB ...... flowing with my Z10
    06-20-14 11:16 AM
    The more i look at the passport, the more i think it is going to be an iconic BB phone!! It is going to be thee phone to be seen with, the phone that will stand out and shout out at people ............... BUY ME, BE COOL AND BE PROFESSIONAL LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and once they try 10.3, it�ll blow them away

Go BB ...... flowing with my Z10
    I'd be rich if I got a quarter every time I've heard that.
    06-20-14 11:18 AM
    The promotional picture is not good.. the candid pic is far better.. and I worried about the pricing too.. z30 was out there with 8 million IDR when sony Z1 by the time was under 7 million IDR.. I can't imagine the pricing for passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 11:33 AM
    as a canadian who just suffered through one of the longest most brutal winters in recent history, all i know now is, i cant wait for this summer to be over with and for September to come to get me a passport in my hands. heck, JC if youre reading this ill pay double for one right now
    06-20-14 11:35 AM
    Watching videos on this thing is going to be a pretty sad experience

Posted via CB10
    sati01 likes this.
    06-20-14 11:37 AM
    Watching videos on this thing is going to be a pretty sad experience

Posted via CB10
    Reading and sending emails will be a joy

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 11:45 AM
144 123 ...