My people use Motorola handheld computers with bcode readers and phones built in. They are awesome devices. That said, they cost thousands of dollars and use our own software. Motorola takes care of their corporate and government users. I also have to use a i580 direct connect for work to stay in touch with people in the field. It has as good reception as anything I have ever used, and the camera is decent. They are also durable as he!!.

Of course for my personal device I have a curve. My curve is so much fun! And nothing compares to it as far as keeping in touch - email, texting, WiFi/browsing, phone calls. It has no equal in my opinion. But we can't sell Motorola short, they make some very impressive industrial tools.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 12:22 PM
    i had a Q

the battery is just horrendous but it wasn't THAT bad

but windows mobile sucks

bberry > all
    08-05-08 12:36 PM
    Apparently I got lucky with my V3m RAZR. Great reception, great battery life for almost 2 years, and no major issues other than the speakerphone button breaking. I do LOVE my new Curve but the razr did me a solid :P

08-05-08 01:05 PM
    I had a razr for a couple of years and it was pretty reliable with good reception. I was reluctant to switch at first. Obviously at this point I can't believe I didn't switch sooner. BBs are so much more functional, even for the plain old phone stuff. Bmcclure is absolutely right, Moto seems a step behind right now.
    08-05-08 02:52 PM
    I own one or two about three years back and it wasn't that bad. I never had dropped calls maybe it had more to do with where I lived than the Razr. Actually I owned a Razr before I got my first used BB which was a 7105T, then I used the 8700g for about a year. I really had no problems with any of the phones that I have owned. Maybe I am just luckyy that way or I look at the glass as half fulled instead of half empty. I would not go back to owning anything other than a Blackberry for I am completely hooked and addicted. That's the same thing here I go been redundant again. The worst phones to me are the Samsung phones. Not that I am really qualified to rate a samsung I only owned a Samsung Blast for two days and thought that it looked and felt cheap. It is a tactile thing for me. I could never own a pearl I do not like the feel of the keyboard but that is a whole 'nother can of peas. Thanks for letting me digress... now everyone have a nice day and consider yourselves the chosen ones for being Crackberry owners
    08-05-08 03:09 PM
    I own page three!

the RAZR was kinda cool.

Earpiece volume was borderline acceptable and speakerphone was a bit soft as well.

The last month I had it, it would reboot all by itself (rarely) but enough to throw it on eBay (with full disclosure).

Then the Moto L2. Volume just as borderline.

Should have gotten a BB sooner but the Curve was the turning point for RIM in my opinion.

Loving the volume, clarity and speakerphone on the 8310

08-05-08 03:13 PM
    I don't know I got the RazR when it first came out. Never had a single problem with it until I busted the front screen. Then I got the DG Razr. No problems there either only the battery would last only 2-3 hours of constant use. Now that I got the Curve I wish I would have gotten a Berry ages ago. Love the Berries!!

=8')
    08-05-08 03:25 PM
    I also had no problems with the Razr, have had 3 and actually keep one around for an emergency phone. IMO the best flip I ever had.
    08-05-08 03:31 PM
    you either have a BB, an iPhone or a RAZR

a RAZR lol

whats the craic with all the motorola nuts lol

in the UK, generally people think motorola is a bit crap, is there a secret American RAZR fetish club?

i just cant believe how many people own one lol crazy
    Just goes to show that you can't believe rumors.

Motorola is quality. Here's a case in point to illustrate, and then I'll tell you why they are better products (and you can believe what you will).

My mother and step-father live in MD, and were with Verizon. Unfortunately, their home was in an area with very poor cell tower coverage (from Verizon). As a result, they were getting dropped calls and were almost unable to make calls at all at home, unless in very particular spots, and then only with poor reception, and call dropping. They tried many phones over the course of several months, with the same results due to the lack of tower.

They consulted with me, and I recommended that they switch to AT&T, after confirming they had a tower in the area. They then obtained come cheap Sony phones for like $50 US each. Reception was worse!!!!

They called me again, and I explained that their phones were the issue, and recommended they get Motorolla phones (since I could not convince them to get Blackberries). They got razors, went home and surprise, they work 100% anywhere in the house with no dropped calls. They can even call me from some parts of the basement now!

Why? Because Motorolla builds their electronics to MIL-SPEC here in the US, as I bet RIM does as well (since Canadian stuff gets sold to the US a lot). These are requirements for any electronics used by our military, some parts of which are of course classified.

As a result, they electronically outperform other foreign brands hands-down.

Of course, MIL-SPEC is used in the UK as well, for obvious reasons, in I would guess most if not all products manufactured there as well.

Patrick
    08-05-08 03:31 PM
    here is my RAZOOOOR. it has been this way for a year. got it brand new F up a few months later took it apart seen it was $hitty so left it alone and go a new phone
    08-05-08 03:46 PM
    lol loving the moto hate

lets burn this mother f**ker down pmsl
    08-05-08 04:43 PM
    I own one or two about three years back and it wasn't that bad. I never had dropped calls maybe it had more to do with where I lived than the Razr. Actually I owned a Razr before I got my first used BB which was a 7105T, then I used the 8700g for about a year. I really had no problems with any of the phones that I have owned. Maybe I am just luckyy that way or I look at the glass as half fulled instead of half empty. I would not go back to owning anything other than a Blackberry for I am completely hooked and addicted. That's the same thing here I go been redundant again. The worst phones to me are the Samsung phones. Not that I am really qualified to rate a samsung I only owned a Samsung Blast for two days and thought that it looked and felt cheap. It is a tactile thing for me. I could never own a pearl I do not like the feel of the keyboard but that is a whole 'nother can of peas. Thanks for letting me digress... now everyone have a nice day and consider yourselves the chosen ones for being Crackberry owners
    I will agree that the Blast was not built great. My main beef with it was the placement of the mic, it made absolutely no sense lol

As far as the Razr goes, absolutely hate the V3 and refuse to sell it to customers unless they insist lol IMO the Razr 2V8 was made much better and I have had significantly less returns with that model.

08-05-08 04:53 PM
    Well I started out with a Motorola V551 when I upgraded from ATT to Cingular, then a year later, I upgraded to a Black Razr and had that phone until it crapped out and after my sister went through 3 replacement razrs, I decided to buy a Samsung Sync off of ebay *biggest POS*. 2 months later, I got an upgrade 6 months early because the sync was not working for me. Went to the Nokia N75, then 2x Razr2 V9s *biggest POS* and then ended up with a BlackBerry 8300!

Charlie
    08-05-08 04:59 PM
    Same here. Also had a bag phone many moons ago, too
    I had a Razr a loooooong time ago

Don't even get me started on that POS!
    08-05-08 05:12 PM
    Just goes to show that you can't believe rumors.

Motorola is quality. Here's a case in point to illustrate, and then I'll tell you why they are better products (and you can believe what you will).

My mother and step-father live in MD, and were with Verizon. Unfortunately, their home was in an area with very poor cell tower coverage (from Verizon). As a result, they were getting dropped calls and were almost unable to make calls at all at home, unless in very particular spots, and then only with poor reception, and call dropping. They tried many phones over the course of several months, with the same results due to the lack of tower.

They consulted with me, and I recommended that they switch to AT&T, after confirming they had a tower in the area. They then obtained come cheap Sony phones for like $50 US each. Reception was worse!!!!

They called me again, and I explained that their phones were the issue, and recommended they get Motorolla phones (since I could not convince them to get Blackberries). They got razors, went home and surprise, they work 100% anywhere in the house with no dropped calls. They can even call me from some parts of the basement now!

Why? Because Motorolla builds their electronics to MIL-SPEC here in the US, as I bet RIM does as well (since Canadian stuff gets sold to the US a lot). These are requirements for any electronics used by our military, some parts of which are of course classified.

As a result, they electronically outperform other foreign brands hands-down.

Of course, MIL-SPEC is used in the UK as well, for obvious reasons, in I would guess most if not all products manufactured there as well.

Patrick
    This is no way, make Motorola better than Research In Motion. Or any other manufacturer.
    08-05-08 05:16 PM
    I loved my Razor RAZR whatever they call it. I had it for, oh about 5 years. All the quirks described above happened with every cell phone I've ever owned. I had Verizon service with that phone as I do with this one and it dropped calls maybe 3 times a year if that. Never as a result of pressing it into my head. It was hardly a cheap phone. I beat the living snot out of that phone and never had to use a protective case. With the extended battery it lasted a full day talking almost non-stop or two days moderate use.

Last edited by Garz; 08-06-08 at 04:20 PM. Reason: language
    08-05-08 09:29 PM
    Still use my V3i when I think my Curve may be in danger.

Never had an issue with it after almost 3 years.
    08-05-08 10:26 PM
    I had a moto for about one month in Feb '06 and sold it. I went to a Nokia 6682 (smartphone) and never looked back.
    08-05-08 10:31 PM
    Still use my V3i when I think my Curve may be in danger.

Never had an issue with it after almost 3 years.

Rofl... that's all the time! Hehe
    08-05-08 10:31 PM
    I really, really liked my Krzr K1m. It was a fantastic phone.
    08-05-08 10:52 PM
    Generally, people in America, at least this American, wouldn't give 3 s**ts about what a Brit thinks.

And you wonder why generally people outside America look at Americans with disdain.

Nice.
    08-05-08 10:58 PM
    THe razor had to be the fastest dropping phone price EVER! That thing was like 300 bucks when when it first came out. It seemed like 3 months later it was Free!
    08-05-08 10:59 PM
    I forget how many phones I've had but my Razr was my favorite. Sure...it wasn't a BB, but I used it for actually making and receiving calls and it was flawless. The best part was its slimness...I could wear it at my waist and nobody could tell. Made it very convenient. I can't do that with my BB but I do understand that it can't be that small yet prolly because it does so much. Oh well, I loved my Razr and it hurts my feeling to see people knocking it.
    08-05-08 11:11 PM
    Moto does suck, just got rid of the RAZR and got a Curve I don't ever think I will use any other phone brand but BB in the future.
    Ditto...just got the sunset today. I can't believe I kept the RAZR for so long...
    08-05-08 11:15 PM
    Used a company-issued Motorola ptt flip-phone for a couple years. Don't remember the model. It was built like a brick - its outer case was stronger than the Sedio cover I have on my Curve. It had stupid software, limited functions, but call quality and reliability were exceptional.

My brother has a MotoQ9. Loved the keyboard, swears b� the call quality - swears at Winmo. Still, he won't switch to Blackberry, despite Winmo.
    08-05-08 11:28 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD