sound effects.

I hope they keep the same sounds for notifications. The default sound for BB6 and 7 phones for incoming texts, emails, and social notifications has remained the same since day 1. It's just as iconic as the red asterisk.

Also, I'm sure the sound profiles/notification customization will be top notch that BB has been giving us.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    01-14-13 12:51 PM
    I'm sure they will keep the classics and add new ones too
    JR A and EsJayDee like this.
    01-14-13 12:58 PM
    sound effects.

I hope they keep the same sounds for notifications. The default sound for BB6 and 7 phones for incoming texts, emails, and social notifications has remained the same since day 1. It's just as iconic as the red asterisk.

Also, I'm sure the sound profiles/notification customization will be top notch that BB has been giving us.
    Haha...so iconic that I scoured the internet for the notifications, just so I could put them on my new phone
    JR A and EsJayDee like this.
    01-14-13 01:00 PM
    Well, you recall they released an OS 5 sounds pack into App World for those who loved 'em, maybe they'll do something similar for BB10 eh?
    EsJayDee likes this.
    01-14-13 06:25 PM
    I'm sure they will keep the classics and add new ones too
    That makes the most sense, honestly, I hope they do change up the sounds. Have you ever just listened to all of the jingles in your Berry? They flat out suck. Maybe it is time to take a hint from Apple. No, not limit your choices to only their sounds, but, to include fewer sounds but make them stand out!

The default call, email, text, bbm, and calender jingle should be unique, catchy, but not too annoying. I dislike people who play full songs as ringers from their phone (it makes the song banal and your ringer annoying) but honestly, lets see some new sounds, keep light speed, and don't release the older sounds for at least a month, to allow people to become accustom to these new tones!

And whenever BB released a song in the phone already, it just....well sucks. The videos aren't too bad, I remember seeing a demo for speed racer on the original bold, which blew peoples minds, they thought the phone was touch screen. But yes, the default video, songs, and ring tones are important. Because a lot of people will never change them. Why do you think IE and Windows are the most used browser and operating system....I'll give you a hint, it isn't because of their reliability, security, and unique approach to the game.
    JR A likes this.
    01-14-13 07:03 PM
    Personally I love my current sounds and would appreciate if they're included in BB10 - I know exactly what kind of message comes in by the sound it makes, and I can prioritize accordingly. Having said that, I could adjust to new sounds provided that they're good ones too.
    JR A likes this.
    01-14-13 07:05 PM
    I hope they don't change the ringtones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    JR A likes this.
    01-14-13 07:15 PM
    On the dev alpha OS it has new sounds. One thing missing currently is the ability to assign custom ringtones, only the default ones can be selected. Hopefully that changes with the release.
    Last edited by Shao128; 01-15-13 at 08:40 AM.
    JR A likes this.
    01-14-13 07:17 PM
    I want/need my custom ring tones!!!!!
    02-07-13 01:08 PM